Mittens-my first pair

livedinalaska

This is the first pair of mittens I've ever made. I fashioned them from

this pattern, which is British, so I quickly figured out the rows were twice what I needed. They aren't perfect, by any stretch of the imagination. I may keep them for myself, or else give them as a gift. Why is it that keeping anything is sooo hard?

mittens_1.jpg

I love those earthy colours...and you even got two the same!... In stripes yet!!!!

Just curious, do the British not use cuffs on their mittens? I have seen this look before and wondered about it.

Thanks, Everyone! After wearing them today and struggling to keep them on I realized that I have to cinch something up around the wrist just a bit. Any ideas how to do that? Maybe just weave a piece of yarn through and pull it a bit to gather some and tie it off. It just needs a little gathering...

Thanks, Everyone! After wearing them today and struggling to keep them on I realized that I have to cinch something up around the wrist just a bit. Any ideas how to do that? Maybe just weave a piece of yarn through and pull it a bit to gather some and tie it off. It just needs a little gathering...

You could get some elastic thread and weave it around (doubled) on the inside in the cuff area. i had to do that with a Cabbage Patch pattern that would not nip in for me.

Archived