"other" fiber content? thoughts?

frogsrock

i was looking at the new debbie mumm yarns and 2 of them have "other" listed in the fiber content

personally i will not buy it for that reason

part of it is im very allergic to wool (and possibly mohair/alpacha/...)

the other part is im just bothered by it for some reason

what do you think of it?

Moda Dea Tweedle Dea also has 'other' in the fiber content but I didn't realize it until after I bought it:angry....I really don't like it now that I'm working with it and I blame it on the 'other':yes....LOL. I think it's probably a mix of acrylics and whatever else they swept up off the floor!:devil

Kim

"Other" listed in the fiber content means they can and do put in anything that is handy that's probably left over from some other run of yarn, so they can use up little bits that would otherwise be trashed. Unfortunately, for the consumer, this means every single batch could be different ~ one cotton, one acrylic, one wool, one polyester, one nylon.

I don't mind some "other" in a $2 throw rug, but in what is essentially pricey yarn NO.

"Other" listed in the fiber content means they can and do put in anything that is handy that's probably left over from some other run of yarn, so they can use up little bits that would otherwise be trashed. Unfortunately, for the consumer, this means every single batch could be different ~ one cotton, one acrylic, one wool, one polyester, one nylon.

I don't mind some "other" in a $2 throw rug, but in what is essentially pricey yarn NO.

That's my feeling on it too. I found when I was working with the Moda Dea Tweedle Dea that my allergies, especially my eyes itching, would get really bad. I won't use it again!

Kim

Archived