Um...hey...

Crochet Guy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Crochet Guy.......We are more than happy to have you here hookin with us...Who says only we ladies hook ?? Theres a couple dudes here who crochet some really kool stuff. You will see for yourself how kool this place is .:hook

Hello crochet guy.. Both my boys crochet and they are 14 and 18....And even my dad, my dad taught my mom. My mom taught me... My 14 year old I taught and my 18 year old was taught in Louisiana in the 5th grade. He crocheted his first cap with flaps.. and all his friends wanted him to crochet them one....My 22 year old was all thumbs, but some day we may try it again. Sure hope you post some pics of your work.

Crocheting rocks. :)

Welcome! I think it is cool that you crochet. Show your friends it's cool too & you won't get teased much. For example if you crochet a skull scarf you may have all your friends asking to learn how to make one (or pay you to make them one!) :cheer:hook

There are quite a few cool patterns or ideas in crochet that teens like. My teenage son asked me recently to make him a checkered hat in school colors for wearing to the homecoming football game. During spirit week, he sold some crocheted wristbands in school colors.

:clapI just had to pop in to welcome you here too. And i personally would

NOT care if you WERE gay. you would be a "person" who loves to

crochet!!!!:cheermy 35 yr old son used to do needlepunch with me & his younger sister (he was 15 at the time) he actually made a beautiful piece

& gave it to a girlfriend in school. so, i my opinion NO MATTER what you

preference would be.... i say crafting is a CREATIVE outlet, and a VERY

good stress reliever!!!:yay i sure hope to see some pics of your items and keep them coming. you will find a WEALTH of info HERE & on the NET.

judy in OHIO

If this forum is half as addicting as crocheting is, I'll be addicted in no time!

It is completely addicting. You should probably just head on over to the CAL (Crochet Alongs) forum now and sign up for a dozen of them. There is always something interesting happening in that CAL forum and lots of help for what you are doing.

:welcome from a fellow Canuck. Have fun and crochet lots :hug

:waving Hello!! Welcome from Iowa!

My grandma taught me how to crochet too! I think guys who crochet :2rock. I dont know many guys who crochet, but keep doing what you doing if you love it! We're all here for ya!

check out this site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MenWhoCrochet/ I found it while looking @ Crochet Dude's blog.

Welcome from another guy who crochets! I'm also not homosexual.

I'm also not 14.

I learned a long time ago that pleasing others is important, but NOT pursuing something you enjoy because others don't think it's "manly" is called self-destruction. I was a "closet crocheter" for many years, but now I practice my craft openly.

Crocheting is a skill, just like rebuilding an automobile engine, or constructing kitchen cabinets. Crocheting is NOT a feminine skill, it's just a skill, just like rebuilding an automobile engine or constructing kitchen cabinets is a skill.

You have come to the most friendly, helpful place I've found on the Internet. All the folks here, men and women alike, are willing, nay ANXIOUS to help, whether it be encouragement, or helping with a specific problem or request.

Welcome to the 'ville - you will love it here. We would love to see some of your work.

Archived