Felted Dance Bag

magdiego

My 7 year old dd decided she was too old for her Winnie the Pooh dance bag, and wanted something a little more grown up, so this is what I came up with. I got some help from my mom with the lining, since I don't sew. The outside pocket I did with punch needle embroidery.

th_bag.jpg

th_closeup.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Mary

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary , The bag is amazing, astonishing, astounding, breathtaking, cool,fantastic, groovy, marvelous, and superb !

Can you tell that I really,really like it?

Your daughter must be thrilled! Great job.

Sharon

What an awsome dance bag! My daughter is a Level 5 Ballet dancer and she is looking over my shoulder and whats you to know that she would "totally buy that bag -- it is mag" (her words - she's out the door, but I think mag means magnificent). Did you use a pattern? How did you make the "Dance" on the front? Is it a patch? It matches so perfectly.

Ok, I was so dazzled by the beautiful bag I didn't read it good enough, what is "punch needle embroidery"?

My 7 year old dd decided she was too old for her Winnie the Pooh dance bag, and wanted something a little more grown up, so this is what I came up with. I got some help from my mom with the lining, since I don't sew. The outside pocket I did with punch needle embroidery.

Thanks for looking!

Mary

Thanks for your kind comments!

Louise, I didn't use a pattern. I crocheted a really long rectangle - imagine starting at the top of one side, crocheting down to the bottom, across the bottom, and back up the other side. Then for each side, I joined at the bottom, and crocheted another rectangle at a right angle to the first, then sewed up the seams. Does that make sense? I wish I'd taken progress pictures, or at least measured before felting.

Dragonfli, punch needle embroidery is closer to latch hooking than embroidery, but it's quicker than either. It comes out looking almost like terry cloth. You can search at michaels.com for punch needle, and it will give you more information.

What a wonderful bag!!! If you didn't write that you had made it, there is no way that this would ever be taken for a handmade bag! It's so professional looking! You really did an amazing job on this! GREAT WORK!!!

:cheer:clap

Elle

I have to agree with everyone's comments...your bag looks very professional! It's great! You could easily sell those and make a small fortune!

Archived