Slippers for my SP swap partner

Tiga

I decided to make slippers for her whole family, and these are what I made:

1877863717_0e74ba7956_m.jpg

I used the Don's Slippers pattern from CPC, one strand of TLC in blue and one strand of TLC in a vari. blue. These make a nice, sturdy slipper.

1877863301_02d69c91ea_m.jpg

These are also a free pattern from CPC for "Bunny Slippers". I made them with JoAnn Sensations Rainbow Classic, and used buttons for the face.

1877863013_516ed188c1_m.jpg

These are from a Drops design. I used Homespun in Corinthian. I love them so much, I'm going to have to make myself a pair!

I have more info on each project at Ravelry

oh my gosh you have been busy. They are all wonderful and comfy looking. I keep looking at dons slipper pattern for my husband, but I don't know if he will wear them. You've done a wonderful job and I love that your giving to the whole family!!!

My mother wants me to make Don's Slippers for her - I was worried they'd be stiff, but they aren't. I'm not sure if it's b/c I used TLC, which is a softer yarn, or if it's just the pattern.

I did make some modifications - I put a crab stitch around the edge of the opening, and I had to adjust it for size, but it's a pretty fast pattern. I think it only took me two nights to make them, once I figured out how to get the right size.

The bunny slippers took no time at all.

I think it took me less than a week to actually make all of them, once I figured out what I was doing, lol! I made another slipper for my swap partner first, but it was horrid, so I had to start over and try to find some good yarn to use and a better pattern (Baby Clouds doesn't make a good slipper, btw).

Archived