Was having withdrawls: My newest design, Wreath of Roses

Katchkan

I was having serious withdrawls. I hadn't designed a doily in almost a month. It was starting to get pretty ugly folks. Shaking hands, tremors, stuttering, hotflashes, and tears. Decided that it would just be better to give in and do up the design that was calling to me.

Here is the results. I am calling it Wreath of Roses. It is an Irish crochet piece. It is done in 5 colors of size 10 thread. I was trying to use up some odds and ends. I used my faithful size 7/1.65 hook. It measures 14 inches across at it's widest point.

th_WreathofRosesA.jpgth_WreathofRosesB.jpg

I still have some writing to do on the pattern since this is a one way design and will need to written slightly different for right and left handers. This was a bit of a challenge piece. But I really enjoyed making it.

Well I do feel much better now that I have had my fix. Now back to work on some of my other projects. I should be good to go for at least a week or two now. Though I have a sketch.........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another absolutely GORGEOUS design!

I think you should publish your own book. A real one like Favorite Throws and Table Toppers. You have the talent! You have such an incredible assortment of designs! I can see you becoming one of the designing greats!

:eek Oh My Goodness:clap

That is absolutely the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen.

One day I aspire to be not even close to as talented. wow!!!

:manyheart

You're having withdrawals and I was stalled in my crochet work...great work Kathy! Great work...do we need a 12 step program though? I think not...God forbid.

Archived