sammimag

Spiral Shawl

That is awesome!!!!! I need one!!!

Looks wonderful. I'd like to know how long it took you to make that as well.

Looks wonderful. I'd like to know how long it took you to make that as well.

I don't think it took long to make in actual hours. It took me a while to finish because I started in April and didn't do anything with it all summer.

It's been a while since I made it. My best guess when I picked it back up last fall/winter I was averaging 3-4/week and I needed 36 motifs to make the shawl and I had finished 8-10 in April.

Wow, so unique, love this!

That is gorgeous! You do beautiful work! :yes

WOW!! I am stunned, that is spectacular! Fantastic job, congratulations!

Really beautiful...I was looking at a pattern book today in Joann's and they had the spiral motif in a white baby blanket. It was stunning as is your shawl.

Hey JesseCat, I think I may have just completed the baby ghan you mean - it was in a Leisure Arts book called Our Best Baby Afghans. I just finished it on Tuesday night, today I'm going to wash it and then lay it out for a pic before I give it away to my cousin's little boy. I'll stick it up on the baby show and tell.

Absolutely stunning! And alpaca has got to be my favorite fiber. Do I have 13 skeins laying around somewhere?....*goes to look*.....

I simply fell in LOVE w/ this shawl. I have been looking for the pattern since I found this thread a few days ago. I found 1 close to it but a little different (it's only 3 motifs put together, but still quite nice. It's on Maria's blog site (http://crochetliving.blogspot.com/). It's very nice also and I'm looking forward to finishing a few wips in order to make MEMEMEMEMYSELFI one...lol.. (did I mention that the shawl will be for me? :D)

Sandy

I've noticed that I tend to crochet and knit only during the wintertime. Come summer I don't knit a thing. Am I the only one this happens to? I wish I were a year-round knitter I'd get a lot more projects done!

So it is freezing here today (25 degrees!) which means I'm starting to get the itch to knit some hats and shawls again. I absolutely love the shawl sammimag made, it is gorgeous! Is there a pattern available? I haven't read through the entire thread yet so maybe it was posted and I didn't see it yet, in which case I say "Cheers!" and happy knitting this winter. :)

The very first post lists the pattern I used to make my shawl. It also lists some other options both for free or purchase.

Happy hookin' and stay warm!