Spiral Shawl

sammimag

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks wonderful. I'd like to know how long it took you to make that as well.

I don't think it took long to make in actual hours. It took me a while to finish because I started in April and didn't do anything with it all summer.

It's been a while since I made it. My best guess when I picked it back up last fall/winter I was averaging 3-4/week and I needed 36 motifs to make the shawl and I had finished 8-10 in April.

Really beautiful...I was looking at a pattern book today in Joann's and they had the spiral motif in a white baby blanket. It was stunning as is your shawl.

Hey JesseCat, I think I may have just completed the baby ghan you mean - it was in a Leisure Arts book called Our Best Baby Afghans. I just finished it on Tuesday night, today I'm going to wash it and then lay it out for a pic before I give it away to my cousin's little boy. I'll stick it up on the baby show and tell.

I simply fell in LOVE w/ this shawl. I have been looking for the pattern since I found this thread a few days ago. I found 1 close to it but a little different (it's only 3 motifs put together, but still quite nice. It's on Maria's blog site (http://crochetliving.blogspot.com/). It's very nice also and I'm looking forward to finishing a few wips in order to make MEMEMEMEMYSELFI one...lol.. (did I mention that the shawl will be for me? :D)

Sandy

• 10 months later...

I've noticed that I tend to crochet and knit only during the wintertime. Come summer I don't knit a thing. Am I the only one this happens to? I wish I were a year-round knitter I'd get a lot more projects done!

So it is freezing here today (25 degrees!) which means I'm starting to get the itch to knit some hats and shawls again. I absolutely love the shawl sammimag made, it is gorgeous! Is there a pattern available? I haven't read through the entire thread yet so maybe it was posted and I didn't see it yet, in which case I say "Cheers!" and happy knitting this winter. :)

Archived