Spiral Shawl

sammimag

I found a place that might still have copies of the Rowan Classic Holiday that this pattern is in:

http://www.royalyarns.com/ptrn/RYC/RYC-BK03-2205/index.html

There is a skirt, cardigan, another shawl or 2 and a few bags all crocheted in the booklet, all the other items are knit.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Gorrrrrrrrgeous!!!! Great job. I have only attempted one spiral pattern it was a doily, I did like working it, hmmmmmmmmm ...........

Don't you just love something that turns out so well, I know the spiral I worked looked much more complicated than it was and like you said once you get the basics down it goes great... I think I like pineapples for the same reason. Again you did a wonderful job it really has that WOW factor!!!

You did a great job! :yay

I have an afghan pattern I've been working on for over a year now that looks to be the same pattern, but the way you joined the hexagons together makes it appear much more seemless and integrated than the afghan pattern.

How did you connect the motifs together? :)

Thanks!

I slip stitched them together lining up the sc sts and the chains in the wrong side. I slip stitch into the first 2 chains of one block, did the sc's, then through 2 chains at the end.

I made strips first then slip stitched the strips together to minimize all the ends to weave in.

Hope that makes some sense!

You did a great job! :yay

I have an afghan pattern I've been working on for over a year now that looks to be the same pattern, but the way you joined the hexagons together makes it appear much more seemless and integrated than the afghan pattern.

How did you connect the motifs together? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived