Kool Aid Swatches

cinfulkarmah

Some colors must be regional. There are some I've never seen, including the mango, which really looks lovely. Nice job. I have a lot of silk blends that I want to KA dye, but I'm too busy crocheting!

Wow this helps me soooo much! I want a scarf to match my hair so theoritically I need Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade, Berry Blue, and Artic Apple. I'm going to try dyeing sometime. Thanks!

I found the Mango at a store that I do not normally frequent. (It was by the hospital that I went to visit my Grandfather at.) It is part of Kool Aid's "Aguas Frescas" line. But that store had only that flavor, there are several others. I am going to have a friend of mine that lives down south (and has relatives in San Antonio) see if she can find the other ones. They seem to only sell it in predominately Spanish-speaking neighborhoods.

Maybe we should have a Kool Aid exchange. Then we could all get the flavors/colors that we are unable to get locally.

I can hardly wait to do this. I have to wait on the weekends so my dh or someone else can help me. If I make a mess and he is there he can't be mad at me. Also, I decided I need to buy more cool Aid as I want to make some mixtures of colors. Is there a website that explains how to put the yarn into hanks?

I can hardly wait to do this. I have to wait on the weekends so my dh or someone else can help me. If I make a mess and he is there he can't be mad at me. Also, I decided I need to buy more cool Aid as I want to make some mixtures of colors. Is there a website that explains how to put the yarn into hanks?

To put the yarn into a hank you just unwind it from the skien over the back of a chair or have someone hold out their arms. Make the hank as big as you want it. Then with seperate yarn, loosley tie around the yarn. For example I used 6 little pieces of yarn to tie my hank. I tried to space them evenly around the hank of yarn. That way they do not get all tangled up.

To see the pictures of what I mean go to:

http://justcinful.blogspot.com/2005/03/journey-into-madness.html

There you will see you how it is tied together. I jsut used pieces of the same yarn that I was dyeing.

We also did the dyeing process outside. This helped keep a lot of the mess to a minimum. I figured if the Kool Aid spilled, etc. we could always hose off the deck. :D

I hope this helps!

Archived