A Big Hi from Ohio

Bobbie Faye

I found this forum yesterday. What a friendly and helpful group you are.

After a dear friend passed away last year, I wanted to do something to honor her memory. In January I decided to make some chemo comfort caps for the local cancer center. Happened to mention this to a friend at church. We now have 35 women signed up and organized and we're making adult comfort caps for Ireland Cancer Center, caps for the pediatric oncology unit at the Cleveland Clinic, preemie items for a local hospital and a few other sewn items. Whew! (This is not what I envisioned when I retired 3 years ago... but I wouldn't change a thing.)

We try to make "stylish" caps for adults and "cheerful" hats for the children. Got lots of other free charity patterns from the Web. I just copied Tiffany's Crossed Bucket Hat pattern and think I'll try making that one today. But first ... I've just gotta stop reading soon and get something done around the house! :ccompute

Welcome!

I'm farely new to this site myself, but it's the best site I've found. Everyone is so nice and friendly it's so easy to fit in. I'm not finished reading everything on the site, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

I think it's wonderful what you are doing in your friend's memory. We could all be so lucky to have such great friends as you!:cheer

How nice of you all to be so welcoming. Thank you! :heart

The charity sewing "ministry" evolved so quickly that I felt like I was way over my head for a few months. :juggle I'm getting the gist of this now and finding ways to balance charity crocheting, yarn and fabric donation requests, providing volunteers with everything they need, and still setting aside some personal time for family and self.

Wish I had found this site much earlier.

Here is a big:hifrom Belgium! :welcome to Crochetville! It is a great group of people here -you'll :manyheart it! Good luck with the :juggle - it is a great thing that you are doing!!

• 4 years later...

Archived