Sage Mary Afghan

Julz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julz,

Ur afghan is beautiful. Very touching way to remember ur grandma. I owe all my crocheting talent to my grandma, all she ever made was doilies and tablecloths, and now that is NOT a one left for her legacy.

Thankx

I am very sorry for your loss. :hug This is definitely a beautiful tribute to her! This afghan is incredible! I LOVE Sage Mary (but have been unsuccessful in finding that color in any store that sells yarn in my area, sadly), and this is why I also love granny squares so much. They can create some of the most beautiful pieces of work you could imagine. Absolutely gorgeous piece of work!

Wow...thank you all so much for the kind words!! It means a lot to me...yes my g-ma was very special and special to me, I thought of her more like my mother...she'd tell me I was her 6th kid...lol...anyhoo and to answer someone's question, yes she did watch me make it for her, so she got to see the work in progress.

I know everyone has said it but.....Putting that white square is so incredible. Like some color is missing from the blanket as it is in your life. I just lost my Memere in August of this year. I relate to you. Excellent job and sentiment!

You made a beautiful afghan that your grandma would have loved and what you did of putting a piece of it with her in the casket is one of the most loved and wonderful things you could have done because your grandma knows how much you loved her and always will. God will bless you and your family during this time of sorrow but remember that your grandma will always be watching over you.

Archived