Sage Mary Afghan

Julz

This one is very special to me...I was making this for my g-ma when she passed away from cancer. I wasn't able to finish it before she died, but I was so close. I still have it and look at it everyday. They are basic 4 round granny squares. All of the squares are done with the first 3 rounds in sage mary. And then you have to figure out how many you need to design the pattern...some of them are done with the last round being either white, plum or hunter green...all done with red heart. I got this pattern out of a book.

If you notice the bottom right of the picture the last square is done in solid white...in memory of my g-ma and the colored square that was supposed to go there now rests with my g-ma in her casket.

680198f6939191e56ba7202a49c34ec002773f.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about your Grandma, Iam sure she would have loved your afghan it is beautiful! You did a fantastick job on it! Again sorry about your Grandma. :angels are watching over her. :hug

absolutely gorgeous. I don't usually like variegated made up (love it in the skein.. I'm so weird), but I have to make an exception for this one. And Sage Mary is one of my very favorite variegates too. Wonderful idea on the white square.

Thats a great afghan, I love the colours and the almost plaid look of it... and I love how you did the white square to remember your grandma.

Sorry to hear about you grandmother. You will always have good memories when you look at this blanket. May God Bless you and your family. I love the colors.

This one is very special to me...I was making this for my g-ma when she passed away from cancer. I wasn't able to finish it before she died, but I was so close. I still have it and look at it everyday. They are basic 4 round granny squares. All of the squares are done with the first 3 rounds in sage mary. And then you have to figure out how many you need to design the pattern...some of them are done with the last round being either white, plum or hunter green...all done with red heart. I got this pattern out of a book.

If you notice the bottom right of the picture the last square is done in solid white...in memory of my g-ma and the colored square that was supposed to go there now rests with my g-ma in her casket.

680198f6939191e56ba7202a49c34ec002773f.jpg

Just beautiful! I just know your Grandma would have loved it. That white square is so touching. So sorry about your loss~

Lynn

That is just incredibly beautiful. both the afghan and the thoughts around it. your one white square is so meaningful. It would seem like you are touching her when you touch that part. :hug

Archived