SnB HH Ladylike Lace Gloves

feltboots

Enjoyed this pattern - easy and quick to make and they're a great way to use up bits of leftover sock yarn which as a knitter I have plenty of ! The backs are Garnstudio Fabel Superwash and the palms are Opal Uni (clicky photos):

th_IMG_1473.jpgth_IMG_1472.jpg

I will probably try these again with a plain colour and a slightly smaller gauge so the lace pattern can be clearer and more open. I did get gauge with the specified hook (3.75mm or f/5), but I have small hands/wrists so a touch more negative ease would be better for me. And next time I'll try hooking into the back loop on every stitch, not just on the ones explicitly specified. Hopefully that will give me a pattern that's fully reversible (you turn one inside out to end up with a left and right mitt so I'm assuming the fabric should have been fully reversible - I'm still learning so I'm not good on spotting the "intuitive instructions" at the mo :hook ).

Otherwise this pattern is simplier than it first looks but check the errata carefully. Even so, there's still an error on Row 41 in the 2nd ed. book - that row should read: Ch 1, sc in back loop of each of the first 14 sc, hdc in each of the next 36 sc - 50 sts.

The designer, MK Carroll, has lots of pattern info here and does reply to emails & blog comments - thanks MK !

Archived