Miniature Pot Holder

meowy

Yay! :hook My first dollhouse crochet that's gone successfully.

The yarn is 100% acrylic, 1 ply. I don't think it has a brand name, but I bought it from http://Collade.co.uk It's slightly fuzzy, and really soft so I guess it's just their brand maybe. The pattern is in the Venus Dodge book called Dollhouse Needlecrafts. The needle I have is a little larger than the one that the pattern uses, but it's my smallest at 1.3mm (US 10 is what I think it says on the handle)

Those are standard push pins, and a US 1 cent coin for sizing.

meowy_MiniCrochetPotholder_medium.jpg

I am totally wound up after finishing it! hehehe. I had to adjust my medication so that it'd kick in when I felt like crocheting this evening, because of double vision problems. The pills help my sight clear up some but not totally, but it lets me see well enough for tiny work for a short while.

OK, I'm looking at it and thinking she did this and has double vision problems????? This is awesome! I can't imagine trying to make something so intricate and tiny.

Oh my gosh thank you everyone! :) I still can't believe I manage dto make it haha

I always have double vision these days bleh, it's just a matter of putting the hook or knitting needle in the real stitch not the double one ahahaha. I have a couple of those pattern kits from the Collade site, but I'm not very good with knitting that tiny, I'm going to try to make some knitting needles ouf ot dowel rods tomorrow if I can find the right size sticks. My current needles are either too blunt or too sharp and draw blood eek.

I'm trying to do the same stitch but make a little dollhouse chair tie on cushion, just waiting on a friend to measure the chairs in her dollhouse. The ones in mine are the wrong scale (more like a child's chair is in comparison to a normal kitchen chair in a real house) for this cushion size I'm doing.

Archived