Anyone want to help with a comfortghan?

Ambersafghans

I only have one done right now, but was planning on doing at least another one tonight. I think I'm still going to send them to you! The idea was very sweet, and I think someone else will really love that hard work that you put into organizing this.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Amber,

I've been out of town for a few days and have not been able to keep up with this thread. I have quickly skimmed it and did not see if specific colors have been chosen??? I have not started making any squares but can start today if you still need them.

I see we are not sending them to McKenzie as planned. That is OK with me. If Amber still wants to assemble the squares, I'm sure we can find a charity to donate the afghan too. I can even help with postage if needed. :)

Amber let me know about colors you want.

Barbara

Thank you Barbara! :hug

That means a lot to me. We are going with worsted weight and the colors were mainly yellow, forest green, purple, orange, blue and red. But it doesn't matter a whole lot now. If you wanted to use pink that would be fine. Any color that you have laying around would work really.

And if you added something for postage it would be an extra blessing.

Thank you! :hug

Amber

What's my cat doing on your squares? ;):heart

I have a cat just about that color, he just has a little more white in him, he isn't solid orange but he's a real sweetie :manyheart

:frog

Well not sure which Comfortghans thread to post this under so here goes...

Here are 3 squares I have finished and will be sending to Amber.

Waldo's Puzzle

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/WaldosPuzzlesq.jpg

Dream Catcher

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/dreamcatcher12sq.jpg

Cat Tracks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/Cattracks12.jpg

here is my :2c . If we do not find someone specific to give the afghan too by the time it is finished, I suggest we send it to Afghans for Afghans. Amber has donated to that charity before.

OR

Lets donate it to the Linus Project. They provide blankets to babies thru teens in foster care so they will have a blanket all their own.

Barbara

(Where did you get the symbol for your two cents? :D
Amber, to see all the smilies, click on the "More" link in the smiley box. The two cents is under symbolic smilies.

Here is the link to the Linus Project national Website.

http://www.projectlinus.org

From there you can look up a chapter in your state. You can also find crochet patterns for making blankets. The sideways shell is on their pattern list. I have used that pattern several times.

This is the link to the chapter that I donate to here in TN.

http://www.projectlinus-nashville.org/

Amber...I liked the Waldo's Puzzle square too :) Someone made a couple of them for Jordan's comfortghan and I liked it and printed the pattern and have just been waiting to find the right time to try it. It was really easier than it looks. ;)

Barbara

Barbara

It's new then, or I"ve not been in the smileys much. )

Julie! (Chatty) I got your squares today~! They are beautiful! I especially like the Purple Fleck. I"ve never seen that color in the stores. Thanks so much!

Amber

I'm glad you liked them Amber :)

The purple fleck is made by Red Heart, I picked it and some Teal Fleck up on sale at Wal Mart a long time ago and just never did anything with them. I'm not even sure if they make it anymore, I can't even find it at the C & C site. Too bad cause I really like it.

:frog

There are a couple of you gals that I haven't heard from yet as far as will you still be sending squares. Could you contact me soon? I'd just like to know what I have coming in so I can know the how many afghans I'll be putting to gether and how big they will be. Thanks!

Amber

I'm still in, Amber. Made 3 squares last night and want to get a couple more done before I mail them to you. Should be in a day or so.

Thanks Tandi. I"ll be watching for them.

HI Kris and Yarnmistress. Thanks for the offer that's sweet. But did you read all of the updates in this thread? It's kindof a comfortghan gone bad. :) We won't be able to get it to the original person intended. So for those who had offered at first and are still sending squares I"ll be putting them together for a charity. So if you want to send squares you could. (12") But it's not for a specific cause. :) Let me know! I'll give you my addy if you want.

Amber

Archived