Anyone want to help with a comfortghan?

Ambersafghans

Oh Now I can see it Ally. That's really pretty.

That's great Chatty! You've obviously been busy. I can't wait to see them. Will you be able to send a picture of you with your squares?

for those of you who are going to do that and send a hard copy, you could probably take a picture, send the squares and then when the film is developed mail it seperatly. Or you could do it with a digital and email it and I could forward it on. Again, you don't have to take a picture if you don't want to.

Amber

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can email a picture of me with all 4 squares, that'd be about the only way I could get you one, I'll just have to make sure to brush my hair first ;)

Like I said, I can make the pineapple square in a flash, I did part of one last night, fiinished it this morning and made the other one, I'm about halfway thru the gold one then I'll make the blue one.

I may not be able to mail them today, the weather's really nasty unless I get a break in it but I'll get them out as soon as possible.

:frog

Say, each one does a row type square (not Rounds), and each one does their own choice, as long as it has, say, 35 chains on all 4 sides when complete (before boarder---boader being one that is a simple sc, with 3sc's in the corners). This way all the squares will piece together easily. Do them in multiples of, say, 6 different pink shades that would blend,

then piece together and final boarder done with a contrasting color. Maroon, Or even a real pretty shade of purple or yellow, whatever would look good with the shades of pink in the piece.:2c

I don't think Mackenzie wanted any pink in the afghan, we're doing 12" squares and sending them to Ambersafghans to put together.

I have 4 pineapple grannies done, will get them in the mail tomorrow.

Here's a pic, feel free to swipe it to send along:

charitysquares5lh.jpg

Hi Kathy.

We are doing any 12" squares and not in pink. Makenzie doesn't like pink.

There are a lot of neat patterns to choose from. So we'll see how it works out. :)

Thanks Vicki! That sounds great.

Wow that was fast Chatty! Only one problem. I have no idea how to "swipe" those. :think Could you email the pictures to me? I can handle those.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! Those look so pretty. I can't wait to see them up close.

Amber

We had thought about pink because the mom had breast cancer but Mackenzie told Amber no pink. She's listed some of the family's favorite colors in some posts on the first page.

Just right click on the picture and choose "Save image as.." It's only one picture made up of 4 different ones so the whole thing will save.

That should do it :)

Hi Everyone.

To be brief, we will not be able to send the comfortghans to Makenzie. We were not able to totally validate her story when red flags went up. :ohdear

I am terribly sorry about that. She still needs your prayers, I just don't know what to pray for.

As far as the squares go if you want you can still send them to me and I will put them together. Then we can choose someone else or maybe a charity to send them to. Let me know what you think.

I really appreciate all the responses and everyone who has been helping. I'm sorry we can't get them to the person we had first intended them for. :cry

Amber

Thanks for the update. I have another use for these squares, I'm making lapghans for the group home my fiance works at. They're all yours if you want them though! Just let me know.

Thanks Coralie. It was nice to read that.

I'll look forward to your squares Chatty and we'll probably put them into a charity afghan.

Ally, I guess I"m not sure. I'd like to know what the other gals are thinking about the squares. If I could get enough for an afgahn I'd take them and put them together. But if you have a use for them I don't want to have you send them unnecesarily.

What do the rest of you think?

Amber

Hi Everyone.

To be brief, we will not be able to send the comfortghans to Makenzie. We were not able to totally validate her story when red flags went up. :ohdear

I am terribly sorry about that. She still needs your prayers, I just don't know what to pray for.

As far as the squares go if you want you can still send them to me and I will put them together. Then we can choose someone else or maybe a charity to send them to. Let me know what you think.

I really appreciate all the responses and everyone who has been helping. I'm sorry we can't get them to the person we had first intended them for. :cry

Amber

Amber, your heart was in the right place definatly. Never stop caring.

Amber - sorry this person wasn't honest with you! I already have a stack of smaller squares to send to Heartmade Blessings so I'll just add the one I made to it to save on postage. Thanks for caring about others! :hug

amber, i am so sorry that this turned out this way. i will pray for mckenzie anyways. sounds like she needs it. i will go ahead and just finish a 12 inch square afghan that i was making then. no worries, not your fault. people sometimes are cruel and try and get things for nothing. is a sad world. but your heart is in the right place. and kari is right, never stop caring. take care:hug vicki

Thanks gals.

I'm glad you will be able to use the squares anyway.

Could everyone else let me know what they will do with the squares soon?

If you can use them great. If you want to send them to me anyway I'll put them together and we'll vote on a charity.

Thanks!

Amber

Archived