Anyone want to help with a comfortghan?

Ambersafghans

Alrighty! I just talked with Makenzie and for some reason she didn't get my email with the links. :think So we'll just make it a free for all. :) Lets do 12" squares.

Her Mother's favorite color was Yellow. Her's is Forest green. She also likes purple blue and orange. She did request no pink. I don't know if it has anything to do with cancer, or if she just doens't like it.

Worsted weight yarn I think. I don't know how well some yarns mix.

Here is the list of people that have responded saying they would love to make some squares. If you wish to be removed or added let me know.

Nashville Crocheter

Crochetdiva

Diamond

Ellebee

QuirkeyVirgo

Tween

Faithpa76

Chatty

Senaca and Schooch

Ally

Mythunderbird

Rebeccav

Divawithahook

I don't know if I want to set a number of squares. Why don't we make what we can and I'll let you know if we have a problem. That sound alright?

Oh one more thing. Would you guys mind having a picture taken of you and your squares before you send them and include them with the squares? If it's to much trouble don't bother. But I think it would be nice for her to see everyone that helped with the comfortghan.

I'll try to email everyone my address but if you need it before I get it to you don't hesitate to drop me an email.

Thank you all so much for your help! It means a lot to me and I know it means a lot to Makenzie. :flower She thought it was such a neat idea when I told her about it. This is such a special group. :ghug

Amber

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I am going out to get yarn right away. Should we all stay with the same brand and check colors. I can get Red Heart Super Saver here , but I can't get any Caron yarn. Is that alright?

The photo idea is wonderful!! I can't wait to hear what you all are making. I haven't decided yet. But I will let you know when I do.

:manyheart

Red Heart Super Saver is fine. I"d say stick to that if possible. But if you needed to use another worsted weight it would be alright. I'm not sure what to say about the colors. :think I'll be using what I have around.

Anyone dealt with the colors before on something like this?

Amber

So are we going with all of these colors? Just any variation of them in 12" squares? What is our goal? Don't remember how big comfortghans usually are. This is so great of you to put together. I will get started this week. And I really like the picture idea.

Tandi

I can start this at any time, I just have to find a 12" square that would work with this project. Any suggestions? Or should I just pick one I like? Do you think we should decide on some kind of theme to pull it all together?

Just pick one you like. :) There are links in this thread to a lot of great squares. some of my siblings just picked some to make. I don't know if we could have a common theme. some of the squares have some sort of theme. But a lot are just neat squares. Let me know when you find something you like!

Oh, my little brother Andrew (7, he made an afghan for Afghans for Afghans with a bit of help) is making the dream catcher. :yay I forget what Carrie and Danielle chose. I haven't yet. :P

Amber

Great, I've printed out a couple of patterns already. I'll probably start on it tonight if I can find yarn in my stash that'll work. My other half is coming home soon so I guess I should put this aside for a couple of hours and straighten up the house!:hook

Hey Everyone. I was just chatting with Vicki (Mythunderbird) And she thought maybe we could make lap afghan for each of the family members.There is the Dad, Makenzie, Her older sister (who is back home) And her son.(The sisters) He is five

So could everyone let me know how many squares they will be able to do?

we would need 48 squares total. No one is required to do a certain amount.

I'll find out the rest of the families favorite colors.

Amber

I have 2 projects I'm working on but I can whip out one or two 12" squares for you, just email me where you want them sent. I may have to email you my picture and you can print it out, my printer's busted.

*Goes off to look at squares*

:frog

That will be great chatty. Thanks. I'll send you my addy.

Quck update from Makenzie. Her Mother's funeral was today and it was pretty emotional. Her Dad was wisked off to the emergency room with chest pains right after. They desperatly need your prayers.

Her sisters favorite color is blue and her Nephews is Red.

Amber

Amber I can do at least 3 maybe more. I've started one already and it is green and purple. Do you think that is going to work?

I have some purple fleck, blue and red around here somewhere, that's 3 blocks I can do.

I think I'm going to do the Winter's Lace block from Heartmade Blessings, it looks simple, quick and pretty.

Ellebee, do you mean the number of squares of the colors? The colors sound fine. As far as then number whatever you can do will be greatly appreciated.

I am just about done with a yellow hearts pattern. Andrew is making great proggress on a green dream catcher. Danielle is almost done with whatever the square she is doing is called. :) And poor Carrie had to undo all that she had done when she realized she was doing the wrong stitch. But it's a good learning experience for her.

I saw the lace one. It's pretty.

Amber

It's pretty but the directions are skewed, I think I'm going to find another square where I don't have to decipher them every other round.

Me too, I'm trying the SuperNova, it looks pretty good, it'll just have to be smoothed out cause it's kind of wavy. I think I'll go ahead and finish it then get my blue and my red and make a couple of pineapple squares like I've been doing for my pillowghan, those are gorgeous and I can make them with my eyes closed by now :hook

That looks great Tween. That will be great.

Makenzie will be calling me any minute. She's on her way home from the hospital. They don't know what's wrong with her Dad yet. Please pray. I don't know what to say to her!

Oh and Chatty, that sounds great. I've never tried one of the pineapple squares. And if you can do them in your sleep you can get more done! :hook

Amber

I think they're all going to be the pineapple square. I've gone up 2 hook sizes on the SuperNova and it's still an inch too small, I've got the pineapple to where it's 12" every time.

Good Mornin'! I finished one last night. I did this one in orchid.

http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/cableheart.html

I tried taking a picture of it this morning and my camera is not co-operating today! :think I'll fiddle with it and try to get it up here!

Should we send them as we make them so you can start the assembly, or should we hang on to them until we finish making the ones we're going to make? Just let me know what's more convienient for you! Have A Happy!

Good Morning Ally.

I can't see the picture yet (My computer not yours) But I'm sure it's pretty.

I think you could save on shipping if you sent them all at once. And I think I'd like to lay them all out to look at before I join them.

Thanks!

I have also finished one square. A yellow hearts pattern.

My sister Danielle has finished a squares. Th Wheel Lattice in gray or light purple. Carrie and Andrew are close behind!

Amber

I've finished 2 pineapple squares-one in purple and the other in red. I'm working on a gold one right now and plan on making a blue one then I'll ship them out to you.

Archived