The Finger Cosy for Tight Crocheters

Shellie

th_100_5882.jpg

This is my first published pattern. lol

I recommend you use white or black to make it easier to see your working yarn.

I guess they have stuff for this but you can make this one yourself. It isn't that great for typing, I didn't take it off to type this. lol

Any WW yarn (you can use thinner but you will need to adjust)

G hook (so that almost everyone can use the hook)

Ch 10, sl st in first ch to join.

R1: ch 1, sc in each ch, join. 10 sc

R2-R6: ch 1, sc in each sc, join, fasten off after R6

weave in ends, enjoy!

This went to just below my knuckle which held it in place nicely. If you have longer or shorter fingers just adjust the rows. If someone else has already made something like this I apologize, it was a spur of the moment thought.

I gave it a try and with the 10 chains it was big enough to slip over my finger, small enough to stay in place and I didn't even FEEL my yarn!

Its not much of a pattern but at least I finally wrote something down. lol

It does not help you remember what row you were on though-too bad too, I have done rows 3 and 4 of my pattern twice now trying to figure out what one I was on.

Um...what's it for?

When you crochet tightly you get a yarn crease on your left index finger (for right handers). This means either you take a break or keep on going until you finally actually cut your finger with the yarn! I have never managed to do that but I came really close last night when I was working with thread.

Anyway, I used to use a bandaid but you have to re-apply every time and it gets kinda pricey! So today I made one with yarn so its re-useable. :)

It does not help you remember what row you were on though-too bad too, I have done rows 3 and 4 of my pattern twice now trying to figure out what one I was on.

:laughroll :laughroll

• 8 months later...

Wow, I'm kinda late, but that is absolutely ingenius...i have never seen anything like that, but then again i also never even thought to use the bandaid...i guess when i crochet thats all i think about...crochet past the pain...push it down and crochet over it.

That is a brilliant idea. I am a tight crocheter, but have never been so tight that I get sore. I just wind up with a weird little callous on that finger.

:cheer Fantastic!! :cheer I almost have a permanent crease on my finger so I'd better make this before that actually happens! :lol

Archived