How about a challenge?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about the bank account bit -- this month+ while I've been trying not to buy any fiber, I have spent a LOT on crochet/knit magazines, books, hooks/needles/tatting shuttles/etc.

My head, "it's not yarn, it's okay!"

I did that with a couple of balls of Cebelia, too. :blush

My head, "it's not yarn, it's thread!"

However I've been pretty good about not buying yarn (except to finish a project).

Hee hee...in my head it's " Well it's not yarn, it's fabric" Oh no, I think I have found a loop hole. lol.

OK, I'm in. That means I have to force myself not to look at the ebay yarn and thread auctions. I've already bought all the yarn I need to complete the projects I have planned for the next 2 months, so I really don't NEED any yarn (like any of us actually NEED yarn!). Just got another ebay lot today, too, and have another one coming any day now! Have to keep telling myself I can do it!! Must......not.....go.....to......ebay!:eek

I too have a huge stash. I'll give it a try.

Diamond----I know what you mean about no yarn stores or even a Wal Mart in the Keys. I spent a month there and I think there was one Ben Franklin but the prices were crazy and there was no selection. But I love the Keys!

Coralie

Coralie, that must have been a KMart you were in because there's no other stores like that down there. There's only a KMart in Key Largo & 1 in Marathon. They are about an hour and a half apart. From Islamorada they are both 45 mins either way (Islamorada in in the Middle Keys, Key Largo first Key and Marathon is towards the end near Key West). There is no Ben Franklin of that I'm sure of. I wish there was or anything besides KMart (not that I'm knocking KMart but it's no Walmart.)

OK, I'm in. That means I have to force myself not to look at the ebay yarn and thread auctions. I've already bought all the yarn I need to complete the projects I have planned for the next 2 months, so I really don't NEED any yarn (like any of us actually NEED yarn!). Just got another ebay lot today, too, and have another one coming any day now! Have to keep telling myself I can do it!! Must......not.....go.....to......ebay!:eek

Stashbusters mantra for May -- "Must......not.....go.....to......ebay!":D

What's the funny story about the nine skeins of yarn?

Sorry...I get distracted easily. I live in Canada. French Canada, of which I speak very little. Anyway, I needed nine skeins of a particular color but there were 10 on the shelf, so of course I had to grab that last one. I couldn't carry it and my 2 year old was no help, so I had to leave it in the toilet paper aisle to find a basket. It filled the basket overfull and I continued shopping for only like 2 minutes, but by the time I made it to the cash register, there were only 9 skeins in the basket. I was quite confused, which I attempted to relay to the cashier (in English, mind you), until I noticed the woman three customers back. SHE HAD MY SKEIN! I don't know if she grabbed it in the toilet paper aisle or if I dropped it, but I wasn't going to fight her for it, so I just laughed to myself and paid for my other 9. I guess that's fate's way of telling me I did not need that yarn.

When I told my hubby about this new challenge and taking the pledge of "Say No To Yarn In May." he couldn't believe I didn't start this thread. He couldn't believe there are other people out there with my same addiction and stash. It was too funny how he reacted.

i just want to let all of you know.. that if you happen to slip up and buy yarn from me.. i wont tell.. it will be our little secret...*eg*

Ohhhh aren't you evil! lol. Tempting those of us with your fabulous yarn to break our no yarn pact for May. Eeevil I tell ya!

i just want to let all of you know.. that if you happen to slip up and buy yarn from me.. i wont tell.. it will be our little secret...*eg*

Ha! But there is still time to buy before May 1....:eek

Got another question. Does this mean we can't buy magazines, books, hooks, etc???? Cuz I'm thinking that I can buy up more yarn between now & May 1st and then in May buy all the mags, books, hooks, supplies, etc that I will need to use up my old & new stash. :devil

I'm so in on this. I'm making snuggles for homeless animals and have other projects in the works that don't require me to buy yarn. I'm sure when Michaels has a coupon I'll just buy beads and other things so I won't feel deprived.

My stash is pitiful compared to the stashes I've been hearing about around here so I won't be in on this since most of the time I buy yarn when I need it anyway.

I know, I'm weird

:frog

Sounds like a great idea, but I don't know if I could manage it. Mostly, I'm buying sweaters to frog, and I have to get them while the getting's good. Would it count against me if I just put them away and don't frog them? After all, they'll still be sweaters. :devil

That's totally me to a tee right now, too. Last weekend I was able to get 4 sweaters for $8.50, not great, but not bad when you consider how much yarn I netted after frogging. I went out looking today but came home with no sweaters to frog, but a skein of Lamb's Pride bulky for 49cents did come home with me. I buy a lot of yarn this time of year from yard sales, auctions, flea markets,thrifting, etc etc etc & then I don't buy too-too much over the winter. So, I'm definitely NOT in!

Ok, I'm getting ready. Will be here before you know it. I am almost thru with some blankey brigade blankets, soooo I haaad to go out & buy more yarn. I was able to get the RH this time:cheer . I have thread and yarn, so I should be able to keep busy. I will resist..I will resist:eek

I am IN!!! I have projects that I truly need to get done and if I buy more yarn, I'll want to start them too.

Here we go!!!:hook

okay cats, i'm in - however, i fully expect myself to be the first to fold ---- give me a break girls, i'm trying to keep my UFO pledge.... a girl can only handle so much.

the one good thing about this, i think...... i will try VERY hard not to buy any more yarn..... so i will spin as much as possible

:devil

Maybe another time I could do this, but since I'm not allowed to crochet right now buying yarn for when I can is the one thing keeping me sane. Seriously. And no comments about my sanity or lack thereof. lol

Later on, especially once August or September rolls around, I'll definitely be in on this.

the one good thing about this, i think...... i will try VERY hard not to buy any more yarn..... so i will spin as much as possible

Hm... I can hear Rebecca now... "Just five more pounds of roving... that's not yarn! Hahahah!"

:)

Archived