kind of new

snapdragon928

I was here last year but not much and now I am back. I am working on a shrug pattern from here. I have the sleeves to go and I gave up on them about nine months ago. SO now I am starting again. They are angel sleeves and I could not get the points to line up right, so now I am doing them seperatley, at least one of them. I want to know how others deal with the pain when they pause on crocheting awhile then start up again. It agrivates my shoulder and upper arm tendenitis. And quiting isn't an option. It also hurts in the wrist and fingers. I know I can use a glove for the hand problem, but I don't know what to do about the tendinitis. I took ibuprofin for it and that helped. Not looking for medical advise, just wondering what you all do.:yes

When my wrist, arm, shoulder start to ache, I stop for awhile. Not quit, but take a day/afternoon off. I also sleep in wrist braces and that also seems to cut down on the owchies. Oh, ya, an ice pack or heating pad on the shoulder while I work also helps a bit. Hope this helps.

Welcome back! You're probably using muscles that you haven't used in a while. I usually take ibuprofin/aspirin/whatever I have on hand and keep crocheting. After a few days, the pain and discomfort go away.

I remember you from your old visits. When I saw your name, I thought... "Wait a minute, we already have one of those". :wlol

I'm glad you decided to come back to the family. :welcome aboard... again.

:hug

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. My shoulder is getting used to the workload now, still get a little sore. I guess you just got to get used to it. I am working on the shrug and a round ripple, which has turned out to be more fun than the shrug. I have to finish the shrug!

Hello and welcome back!

I use Advil and Thermacare to help relieve the pain. I have some nerve damage in my hands, but I don't always use the prescription meds I have for it 'cause they make me sleepy (:sleep). Have to wait til :night to use those or I'd fall asleep while :hook -- :rofl. If I overdo, I put the hook aside for a day or two.

Archived