Christmas Stocking for Granddaughter

kerikrochet

th_HaleysStockingOct2007.jpg

I made this Christmas stocking using this pattern

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/bgstocking.html

for my granddaugther. I used RHSS and green thread for the trim. My daughter wanted Haley's name on it and I was going to tempt to embroider it, but when I saw these cute little "Alpha Beads" at Hobby Lobby, I decided to use them.

That's so pretty, you did a great job! We always use homemade stockings. Right now the ones we are using I sewed, but I have some that I crocheted too. It just depends on what I decide to put up each year.

Oh I just love that! You've made it beautifully. I have a whole lot of red yarn I didn't know what to do with...and two adorable nephews....guess what I'll be starting on today!!

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for ideas for Christmas stockings when I came across yours -- I absolutely loved it and copied it pretty closely. I made a red one with green alpha buttons and a green one with red alpha buttons. I would never in a million years have come up with the Christmas version--so grateful for creative folks like you!

The stocking turned out really Pretty. Great Job:cheer I made the same stocking last yr. and I made 3, 2 for my nephews and 1 for my niece, I also embroidered there name on it. But I never would've of thought of what you did. Using the Alpha beads. That was a really good idea:yes How did you crochet the green part under the alpha beads?

Carol:hook

• 2 weeks later...

Archived