Hello

cjansen

I'm new to Crochetville. I found it via the podcasts!

My name is Cheryl, I'm from Ohio. And am a Hospice Nurse. I have 4 children, all 18 or over but am still getting 2 through college.

I have had an online store but am in the process of closing it because I had to take over my husband's business and there are just not enough hours in the day!! I crochet every evening just to decompress! I use found and resuced yarn for afghans, shawls, hats and scarves. even a mitten or two.

I have also discovered tatting, so I've been using my thread that way.

I can be very quiet or loud depending on my mood. I know I will enjoy the company here!

I have also discovered tatting, so I've been using my thread that way.

I can be very quiet or loud depending on my mood. I know I will enjoy the company here!

oo how I wish I lived nearby because tatting was what I failed to learn from my grandmother ... she taught my Mom who didn't keep up with it once the 50s came and with them the affordability of lace ... so ... now I need to try and teach myself

meanwhile, you sound like a PERFECT addition to CVille!

welcome from Vermont (Red Sox Nation!)

Hi and Welcome,

I'm Tena live in PA, been crocheting for 40 plus years. I run a non-profit chapter of a national charity and am raising 3 small grandkids.

Hope to see you on the boards,

Tena:hook

Welcome! How do you find this rescued yarn? :)

I find it at yard sales, estate sales and thrift stores! I figure that it would go into the trash can, so rescue it from the trash, though there is usually only 1 or 2 of each kind or color!

oo how I wish I lived nearby because tatting was what I failed to learn from my grandmother ... she taught my Mom who didn't keep up with it once the 50s came and with them the affordability of lace ... so ... now I need to try and teach myself

meanwhile, you sound like a PERFECT addition to CVille!

welcome from Vermont (Red Sox Nation!)

I learned from Karen Bovard a lace maker from the mid west at CATS in 2006. but I have discovered youtube has videos for making both shuttle and needle tatting lace. I will most likely go there to learn shuttle tatting!

Archived