280 Shell stitches

Momcrochets

So yarn books are 40%off at JoAnns this week, I found out when Iwalked in. On the rack was this book (280 shell stitches). I started to flip through it, and was VERY pleased...more than just the traditional shells.;) (When I think about it, it'd be VERY hard to come p with that many variations on the solid shell st.) Anyway, from easy to hard to intricate to lacy, this book had it all. :cheer So it had to come home with me. :c9 After I bought some sale yarn ( have hats to make) and yet another 1.80mm hook, I spent $5 more than the book would have cost at regular! Which would have been 24.95, btw.:yay

read that one as soon as DD went down for her nap! :lol

I have that book too. I have designed two afghans by using that book. I really like it.

It's surprising the kinds of stitches you can make.

:manyheart

I actually enjoy "reading" this book!

And it's helped me, when I get to the place in some patterns where it either it just doesn't make sense, or I don't like it, I can usually pull something from in here to get me through the pattern.

And as I'm experimenting with free-form crochet, I can see the possibility for a lot of fill-in stitches, and "meshes" to attach the work to.

I'd say, keep on checking it out of the library, until you can afford it, then get it for your permanent collection.

A good resource for books online, I've found, is http://www.campusi.com

It's, like, this massive search engine for books & I've ordered books online, that I compared prices through them on, and I've found books at BAMM & Borders that I've then called the store & found or requested.

The book is awesome! It, and my Ruthie Marks Geometrics book, are my mainstays right now.:hook

Archived