Aqua and black ripple bag

hybridhooker

This is a bag I made for my daughter. I got the pattern from Wal Mart on one of those free pattern leaflets. I am not much of a sewer but I thought I'd give this a try anyway. She loves it and can't wait to take it to school tomorrow. Thanks for looking! :D Images are clickable.

th_101_0695.jpg

th_101_0687.jpg

th_101_0686.jpg

Oh, I really like this! Did you make it larger then the pattern called for? I haven't seen the pattern at my Wal-Mart, but I was able to find it on their web site, (thanks for showing the front of the pattern! ;) ) and it looks smaller then the one that you made, so I was just wondering.

Thanks again, and your looks wonderful! :hook

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. To answer some of your questions, the bag looks huge on my daughter as it wasn't intended for a child, the bag doesn't hang as low on me. It was for me but she wanted it and I couldn't resist. It came out more rectangular than the pic on the pattern which is puzzling since I followed it word for word, and as far as it holding up, it has for 3 days now and she has put all kinds of things in it. I was worried a little about this since the strap is sewn on the bag but it seems to be wearing well. Thanks again everyone!

Archived