Thirty years old and still looking good!!! (Men's Vest)

Aggie May

:cheer No, not me but a vest I crocheted for my husband more than 30yrs ago.

It still looks as good as the day I made it and it was worn and wased a lot back it the days when it was new.

My boys also have smaller versions in different colours so they all looked very smart when they went out together.

I was helping another Crochetville member with how to do a crocheted Ribbing and, even though this does not have ribbing, it does have the same stitch as an edge to the Blackberry Stitch (the bobbles)

I remembered that I still had this stored away as a memento of the days when I did lots of crocheted clothing.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/Aggie2may/?action=view&current=100_0435.jpg

The colour is a tanny shade with a greenish marl through it so I added the one row of SC in dark green to help bring out the colours.

The photo does not do the colour justice.

Thank you for indulging me my trip down memory lane.

have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, :think Sorry, there is no written pattern for this vest and there wont be either.

I am sure there is similar out there in one form or the other.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colleen: The vest is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing it...it's one I will study and ponder as I love the textured stitches. Why not let the vest see the light of day and have someone wear it again?

Your vest is awesome! Aren't those the best.....things you made years ago that get used and loved and still look good? My DD has a ripple 'ghan I made 20 years ago that's been passed down from her Papa and resides on the back of her sofa. And it still looks great. It makes me feel so good whenever I see it, knowing it's used regularly (and is still holding up, lol).

Wow-- I love it!

I also love the timeless design. There are a lot of wearables that 30 years later might look impractical or unattractive (some of that stuff on Groovy Crochet!!!)

This is phenomenal - and in beautiful shape.

Thanks for sharing.

And yes- be proud! :manyheart

:eek Tonight, I got my husband to try on his old Vest.

:think What do you think the outcome was?

Only a 6 inch gap between the buttons and buttonholes, not too bad after more than 30yrs!!!

Now, he is not a big man but obviously he is bigger than he was way back then.

:( I guess he wont be wearing it again any time soon.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, I was going to take a picture but did not want to embarass him.:eek

:bheart

Love the vest and the story of him trying it on again. I'm impressed with the vest design and your crochet talent. Thanks for sharing and that was a great photo too.

Archived