Sign in to follow this  
Swerbie

Iron On transfers with crochet???

I recently ran across some iron on transfers that I thought would look cute paired with a couple of hats I'm working on. Has anyone ever done this?? Would it work?? :think I'm making the hats in cotton with a hdc stitch and I crochet fairly tightly.....Hmmmmm....

Anyone have any thoughts???

You need a tightly woven fabric for iron on transfers to work properly. You would just get a spotty mess, even if you were working in thread.

What might be cute is to iron-transfer them to white cotton fabric, cut out and applique the fabric to the hat.

Thanks Granny Square!!! Any thoughts on iron on patches?? :D I found some of those too! Can you tell I'm cleaning?? And trying to come up with excuses of why I need to keep things!!! :blush

there was a thread about iron on patches recently

people generally agreed it was a better idea to sew them on becuase it would stick better and if you're useing acrylic it wont melt

people generally agreed it was a better idea to sew them on becuase it would stick better and if you're useing acrylic it wont melt

Ditto - sew them on and you'll be fine!

Or a fabric glue, like Fabri-Tac... I've used that with iron-on patches, and it works great! :)