2 skein Homespun shawl/stole?

Tiga

Question

I have 2 skeins of Homespun I'd like to make into a comfort shawl for a friend's mom who is getting surgery today for cancer, and I just can't find one that takes only 2 skeins, and it being Homespun, I don't want to make something up and have to frog a million times and have the yarn get all yucky the way Homespun does.

Any suggestions?

Since she'll be on bedrest for awhile (abdominal surgery), I was thinking a rectangle stole-type shawl would be easier for her to use and more practical than a triangle one. Also, she's a petite lady, as is my friend (you know, in case the worst happens and the shawl winds up being for my friend instead - it's ovarian cancer, and that can be iffy).

I need to finish it quickly, obviously. I should have started it already - in fact, I've tried to, but it's not really something I *want* to have to make, y'know, so I think I've been putting it off, but Kathleen's mom needs it - she'll be having the full radiation and chemo, as well - so I just need to make it and not focus on the sad part, right?

Anyway, yeah, 2 skeins of homespun, and quick to make.

4 answers to this question

I have made shawls for the ladies in our local nursing home last year. I picked out an afghan pattern that I liked and made it about 36 inches wide and about 5 feet long. The ripple pattern is nice especially if you do a few rows of the ripple and then the 'open or lacey' rows next. Hope this helps in your decision.

Hi Tiga

I am so sorry about your friends mom but she will love your shawl and it will bring her comfort...here is a link to a simple prayer shawl

pattern and FREE download Shawl CARDS to place with it when giving , if you like, they even give suggested messages to put inside...hope this helps. I have used both many times; lapghans too......your 2 skeins should be just fine for a shorter version ...Blessings to you both.

:c9

http://cache.lionbrand.com/prayerShawlCards/index.html

Archived