Does this make sense?

Sonny321

Question

I need a little help/input. I'm writing a pattern:thair and one of the rows sounds more complicated on paper than it actually is. I'm trying to write it in a way that is less confusing.

Basicly the row goes like this:

1dc, ch 1, space, x-stitch,space, x-stitch,space and so on to end, space, 1dc

Here's how I wrote that row:

Foundation row: Chain 61, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch4 and turn.

Row 1: (right side) In 4th sc work 1 dc, yo and reach behind the dc and work another dc in the stitch right before the first one you made (X-stitch), * Ch1, skip 2 st, work the first dc of X-stitch in the next st, complete the X-stitch, repeat from * to the last 2 st in the row, Ch 1, sk 1 st, and dc in last st. Ch1, turn.

Now my question is, does that fully explain what I want without being overly complicated? Can you think of a better way to word it? Thanks Sonny

4 answers to this question

Another way to do it would be to place the instructions for the x-stitch above the pattern, labeled as a special stitch. That way, you can just write something like this:

Skip first 3 sc, work x-stitch across until last 2 sc... etc.

I concur with Tiffany. Whenever there is a special stitch I prefer to have it written apart from the general directions so I can practice it if I feel it necessary. It just helps to boost my confidence in completing the pattern if I know beforehand how difficult the special stitch is.

I agree. Plus it makes it easier the read the pattern overall, especially if the person already knows how to do X stitches.

:book Raquel

I concur with Tiffany. Whenever there is a special stitch I prefer to have it written apart from the general directions so I can practice it if I feel it necessary. It just helps to boost my confidence in completing the pattern if I know beforehand how difficult the special stitch is.

Archived