Nylon Cord Shells Wristlet Bag

mrsvickers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Danielle,

I actually made use of some excess yarn from another project to make this bag. I am so happy that it has turned out so nicely :)

Just to share with everyone here the other project which I actually bought the pink and white yarns for. I found this lovely "wedding cake" that doubles up as a dish cover from Berroco. I tried making one small layer for the fun of it...

The Original....

FLI4KXTp1T9Pg0HzNgULG9UHvMT4HtZX.jpg

My version....

_PNj2tMWtD_df1UbT0M5MbFPNelJr4Xu.jpg

8G9MXQ8R6z_-UP3iOZWwhOCikTvsxtlZ.jpg

MaryPat,

A wristlet bag is a small bag that is worn on the wrist. This works well if you are wearing a shawl or poncho and a shoulder strap would be in the way. (I've also noticed that when it is full it might make a handy self defense weapon! ;) ) The dimensions of my bag lying flat are as follows: width-7.5 inches, length of pouch portion-7 inches, length of longer strap-6.5 inches, length of shorter strap-2.5 inches, oval base-3 inches wide by 6.5 inches long. It is just the right size to carry a few essentials. I hope this helps.

Danielle

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning one of these in every colour! I love the tri-colour version too.

I'm not sure if this is an error, but the way I read Round 9 etc was that the shells were worked in the top stitch of the shell below, which "stacks" the shells, yet in your picture the shells are nested within each other. I should have looked at the picture while I was working... but didn't and I've gone too far to go back and frog it, and the stacked method looks almost as nice as your pictured method anyway, but maybe you could rephrase the pattern to make that clearer.

• 3 months later...

I've got several patterns for a wristlet bag, but I think I like this one the best. I'm looking on ebay for a printer now. I worked mine to death :blush!

• 6 months later...

Thank you for posting such a cute pattern.

I started last night and just finished my purse. I used Coats & Clark Nylon cord - Natural.

I also made the longer strap a little shorter so the purse sits right under my hand. I lined the purse with a denim fabric with a slight stretch to it - and also included a little pocket.

SANY0663.jpg

SANY0664.jpg

SANY0666.jpg

Archived