I Hate Math! Ripple Formula Needed..

Cranky Crocheter

Question

Hey all.. I am starting a tote and would like to do a chevron/ripple.. I have 80 stiches around to start the pattern. I am not sure what I need to do to figure out how I can space a ripple around..

Can someone write out a row that I can follow along? I am going to be working in the round.

You guys are awesome!!!:jumpyay

10 answers to this question

What stitch will you be working in? SC, DC, TR...? How wide do you want the ripples to be? I'm working on it for you, just need a lil more info.

Also, I'm assuming you worked in the round for the bottom of the tote, and the 80 stitches you have to work with are the last "straight" round?

ETA: Geez! I might need help with this myself. lol

Here's a Tutorial that might help you.

I will check out the tutorial, I tried using the one from pumosemouse but it did not turn out pretty!:lol

Yea, The 80 is the last straight row and I am doing DC...I don't care how wide they are just as long as they are spaced out nicely.. The trouble is I already started the base without having a formula in mind.. maybe I should start over!!! THANKS for your help!!!:hug

What stitch will you be working in? SC, DC, TR...? How wide do you want the ripples to be? I'm working on it for you, just need a lil more info.

Also, I'm assuming you worked in the round for the bottom of the tote, and the 80 stitches you have to work with are the last "straight" round?

ETA: Geez! I might need help with this myself. lol

Here's a Tutorial that might help you.

Ok.. this is a working process.. So forgive my many posts! I am slowly understanding this.. So, if my calculations are right, I need more sts on the stright row..80 would not be enough to space out the ripples. I would need a multiple of 16 + 6 for the beginning (4th chain from hook & 2DC)

You are toooo funny, it ALL started with that!! ahhaha And I just had a "a-ha" moment:idea I was not liking the waves because the skipping sts was making to big of a hole... Duh, change to a small hook!!!!!!!!

I LOVE that tote and I am going to try with a smaller hook but I also would love to make it in a deep V

Thank you for making things so obvious, unintentially!!!!!!!!:lol

I know you were looking for "deep Vs", but have you seen this newly posted pattern for a wavy ripple tote?

http://crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62995

Archived