three scarves

artemis

3scarvese-mail.jpg

Here are three scarves I crocheted for CrochetwithDee's "60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge". I am sure many of you read Dee's blog. Each fall she challenges her readers to help crochet scarves for the charity of the crocheter's choice. Dee keeps a tally of scarves that people report having made and hopes to exceed the goal of 60 by November first.

These three scarves are made with Caron's Simply Soft that was languishing in my stash. My favorite is the blue-green scarf which is made with long stitches. It is the Zig Zag pattern from Vogue Knitting Crocheted Scarves Two book. In the book it is black and white and looks so entirely different in those colors that I had to check several times to see if I was following the pattern correctly.

The two black, white, and gray scarves were just "have at it" scarves. Here's something I learned from them. The black bobble one is single crochet. I used the H hook as the yarn suggested, but it turned out too tight. So on the ripple, which is double crochet, I used an H hook. Now I should have realized that the double crochet would be looser than the single, so the H hook would have been perfect, but I was rushing and didn't think it through. I also didn't bother to swatch on either of them which would have solved the problem to begin with. Lesson learned? Swatch!

My scarves will probably go to the "Caring and Sharing" program my elementary school holds in December for needy families in our school and community. Thank you, Dee, for challenging me to do make these scarves.

Here are three scarves I crocheted for CrochetwithDee's "60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge".

My scarves will probably go to the "Caring and Sharing" program my elementary school holds in December for needy families in our school and community. Thank you, Dee, for challenging me to do make these scarves.

Thank you for participating!! It's people like you, who choose to help me every year, that really deserve the applause! :clap

Your scarves are beautiful, and I am sure will enlighten the hearts of those who receive them! :manyheart

Archived