OMG from Texas

littlegoldwoman

Hi, Im so excited to find this place. I stumbled upon it earlier today.

Im a homeschooling mom with ADD so I pretty much have to stay busy all the time. I keep my bag with me and crochet during down time.

At the park

in the car with hubby driving

waiting for things......

I dont do well with patterns. Ive tried them and I get lost. I usually do better with a picture then I just copy it.

I dont like making the same thing over and over and I dont do well with big projects. I have found that making purses suits me best. I make little bags with straps in less than a hour each one, embellish them with beads, buttons and such and then sell them for about 10.00. They sell well and I have yet to NOT sell one. Ive even sold them as I am making them!!

About me - Im a 40 YO SAH homeschooling mom. I have three boys

Trevan is 10

Grant is 6

Cody is almost 20 and still at home.

We have a pink angel in heaven named Treya. She would have been 1 on September 1st 2007 but she was stillborn a week before her due date. We still miss her and we are crazily trying to conceive one more time.

My husband is Lance, weve been married 11 years. Hes in the Texas Guard and just got back from Iraq in July.

When im not moming I am a semi-professional photographer. I dont have a studio (nor do i want one) but I do shoot for profit. Many of my photos have been used in publications. I am also a graphic artist although not getting paid for it right now. :-)

Im also a trained cheerleading and tumbling coach. I ran my own program for 10 years but decided to shut it down this year.

We live in Texas but are in the process of selling our home. We are going to buy a travel trailer and become full timers. Im so excited. Id leave right now if I could. After all we went through losing Treya while Lance was in Iraq and him being gone for 18 months. Weve decided life is too dang short so were hitting the road!!

Anyway.... thats a little about me. If you want to know more or see some of my shots check out my personal links.

My Flickr Gallery

My Stock Gallery

Treya

My Myspace

SO happy to be here!!!!

Stacy:cheer

:hi and :welcome from Matagorda County, Texas! What part of Texas are you from?

You are absolutely going to :manyheart Crochetville! There is just SO much talent located in this place, every day pictures of the pieces done by the "citizens" of C'ville will just AMAZE you!

My favorite part of C'ville is the Show and Tell sections. I love looking at all of the gorgeous things that are created by the folks here. But the very BEST part of this place is the people, the help they give with problems (crochet and in general) and the friendly attitudes displayed by all. Enjoy your stay!

Elle

Welcome, Stacy!:hug

The 'ville will be a wonderful second home for you...pull up a chair, find a CAL (Crochet-a-Long) and visit us a lot!:manyheart

Hey Stacy, I live in Waco, where are you? Ft. HOOD? Do you know that a lot of folks just don't realize this state is as big as it is. To go from Texarkana on the eastern edge to El Paso on the western edge (driving) will have you on the road at least two days & maybe more if you like to stop & see the sights.

From the northern edge(in the panhandle) to Brownsville in the far south, takes almost as long. There are sm. mtns., desert, rolling hills, piney woods, bayous, live oaks, magnolias pecan trees, the home of Dr. Pepper, Texas Ranger museum, Baylor University, M.D. Anderson , Baylor, Univ. of Texas Medical centers. River Walks, tiny towns & huge cities, rivers, lakes, oceans, beaches, the Schlitterbahn (biggest water park you ever saw)etc. etc. etc. Do I sound as if I like my home State? I do. I have been all over the world. My husband was in the U.S.A.F. for over 20 yrs. & have seen some beautiful places. Texas is one of them. Of course You are more than welcome to crchetville, I know you will love it.

Hey Stacy, I live in Waco, where are you? welcome to crchetville, I know you will love it.

Aww thanks to all of you.

I didnt know there were so many replies to this message. I usually set my forums to alert me of messages and since I didnt get any email alerts I figured no one saw my post. LOL Which is common on MANY forums.

We live in The Woodlands. Ive been all over Texas and I can honestly say its one of the most fantastic communities I have ever seen. Its about 40 miles north of Houston right before you get to Conroe. Its amazingly beautiful and home to many kewl people. Astros, Rangers, Laura Wilkerson the olympic diver and Frank Beard from ZZTop lives in a huge compound up by the freeway.

I will try to UL some pics of the stuff im working on soon. I usually have 4 or 5 things going at one time.

Were going out of town tonight and im taking my knitting machine too. Are knitting note allowed here? Im not much into it. I can hardly do it except on my machine and thats just a basic stitch. I love crochet cause I can do whatever pops into my head LOL

Thanks for the welcomes!!

S

Welcome to the 'ville from Ruth in Longview!

regarding the size of Texas: a friend of mine once said that driving across Texas is a VOCATION, not a vacation!

:welcome to Crochetville from Charlotte, NC! :hi

If there is anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to contact me!:mail

Hey, that rhymed... :hook

:ghugI envy your future of traveling the US but my heart goes out to you for your loss... I can not say anything to comfort you since there is nothing that will but know that you and your family are in my prayers... :manyheart

I also tend to crochet without a pattern and like to do the little items. Mine however run towards baby toys :teddy and clothes. So when you do have that baby... let me know and I will send it a rattle! But you do know what they say... quit trying! :tup just practice... :devil

Archived