To shave or not to shave

laughlovehook

I don't either so I've always shaved my purses *that's about all I felt* that I make. I just take one of my older throw away razors and go to town on it. BTW I do it right after I get it out of the washer. I think it helps if it's still wet.

I have never shaved any of my felted items. I have cut off a few of the fuzzys if they were longer than the rest. I love the "halo" effect that a wool yarn with a little mohair content gives to an item....especially a hat.

I was just wondering about this. I made my first felted item last night. I kinda didn't like the fuzzy look. I'm going to sahve it later when I get home.

Thanks

I just made two felted bags.....one with Brown Sheep Wool and the other was with Taos from Crystal Palace Yarns. The Taos bag fuzzed up a bunch, and I think I'll shave it, because it just looks too furry to me. The other bag looks just fine, so I think I'll leave it alone.....

I think it depends on the fuzz that is left. For instance lion wool doesn't leave much fuzz at all so I have left it alone but others like noro leave a lot of fuzz and I shave it. I don't like the fuzzies so if it has any at all I usually do shave mine.

Archived