Created my own crochet journal!

Amy

I decided to create my own journal pages for crochet and knit projects that I can print out whenever I want. I created the original document in Word, then converted it to pdf format. The design and format are my original creations, although I used the graphics included with my Word program's online access. It prints out on half-size paper (5.5 wide by 8.5 tall).

I made a cover sheet that can be personalized by writing in your name. The left side of each two-page spread has a place for including a photo (up to 4x6) and a yarn swatch. The right side has information for recording the project name, pattern, yarn, needles, gauge, notes, and other information.

If you'd like to check out what the pages look like, just click on my blog button in my signature to see them. The blog also has a link to where you can download the pdf file, or you can download it here:

Crochet and Knit Journal.

Enjoy! Oh, you're also welcome to email the document to any friends who might be interested.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, everyone, I had a typo in the name of the file in my original post. I corrected it, and it should work now.

Hmm. I see the awesome picture on the front page. and 22 pages that follow. Unfortunately there is no text, only warbled boxes and lines in place of where I think there may be text. :shrug Maybe it's just my computer.

I'd like to print a copy out though.

Bec:cg

Bec, I'm not sure what's going on. When I open my pdf file, all the text is there, and everything appears just fine. Do you have the most current version of Acrobat Reader? Maybe that would help. Maybe something got corrupted when you downloaded it from my server.

I just pulled up the file on my server with my browser, and it uses Acrobat Reader 6.0, and it shows up without any problems.

If anybody else has problems, let me know, and I'll try to get it fixed for you.

Yeah, that's the bad thing about it! INK!

If anybody's interested in a version without the purple background that they could print on colored cardstock, let me know. I should be able to create that version without too much trouble. Then you wouldn't have to use as much ink.

I love it, but I know myself--it would go the way of the baby books--sitting there empty, despite my best intentions. If only I could get someone to fill it out for me, lol! Great job though!

This is a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Since the mid 80's I've tried to keep a li'l diary of my projects, but it's all written on some blank pages in the back of an old knitting instruction book. This is so much more organized and easy to use.

Thanks again!!!

I am going to try it at work and see if I can view the text then! I so want to start recording my things so I don't forget!!

Bec

• 3 weeks later...

Amy,

Great Job :cheer:clap

The journal is awesome. It's lovely. I've printed a copy and can't wait to fill out what I've been keeping in a notebook, on scrap paper pieces, etc.

Thanks for sharing. :hug

Sorry, ladies, I've been meaning to get around to this, and just hadn't yet.

Here is a link to the version (without as many duplicate pages) without the white background in pdf format:

http://www.knology.net/amyshelton/knitcrochetjournalwhite.pdf

Here is a link to that document in a Word format:

http://www.knology.net/amyshelton/knitcrochetjournalwhite.doc

Hope that helps!!

Archived