Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace, LONDON, UK

SJ2B

This was my first visit to this event on Sunday 14th October and I think I've finally gotten over the day !!!

I was absolutely exhausted. Got there at 10am and left at 5pm, walking all the time.

Didn't get everything I wanted as I forgot that hubby had offered to pay for it ! Got a book 'Kooky Crochet' and some Alaca sock yarn and pattern, some sock dpn's, and lots of mags !

I've been busy reading and making up the socks. I've not made socks before and I think I'm hooked. These one's are for me ! I can't take a pic as hubby has taken the camera away with him to Scotland so I'll take a pic when he gets back. Well I'm nearly finished on the first sock. It's beautiful wool isn't it ? I just wish it wasn't so expensive as I saw some beautiful autumn baby sets made with it at the show.

I can't wait for the next one now and I'll certtainly take a lot more home with me.

I also sat kntting for a bit chatting to this woman who had the most fantastic hat. I had to ask her and she makes them herself but doesn't write up the patterns. I took her business card home and its this lady Xenobia Bailey & Xenobia again ! She was fabulous and really inspiring. I had no idea who she was and she didn't brag or anything. I just thought she was a crocheter come along to the show for ideas.

I'm really pleased that I went it was fabulous seeing all the different artists' work and even found this lady who I've seen before on the web and found out that she designs for film too Cornucopia

I can't wait for the next one !

She was fantastic and really helpful and I absolutely loved her hat she was wearing. It was a zebra striped one of a kind and I wanted it !!!

Archived