Hat/headband - Seeking/Suggestion

Cranky Crocheter

Question

Hey all... I attended this fashion expo in NYC on Friday night. There was this vendor there by the name of Volang, they had crochet items, mainly these hats/headbands. The front looked like a hat but it wrapped around the head with button closure behind.. I was not going to pay $45 for something I can make myself.. Now, I can wing it and try but if anyone has suggestions or advice or a pattern, that would be great!!!:D

Check out the link and look at the hat named "Maria" There are several pics..

7 answers to this question

:cheer That should not be too hard to figure out but I think it is the yarn which makes it look "Special"

It may not look so good done in plain old acrylic.

Looks like a shaped piece which is slightly wider in the middle where it fits on the forehead, with a buttonhole at one end and a scalloped edge.

Maybe with a flower attached on one side.

A little bit of experimenting and measuring on your own head and you will have it figured in no time.

The length of the piece would depend on the head size you want to make it for but your own is a good start.

These would be very similar to the Ski headbands, which you can get, made of Polarfleece.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I think you'd need to put decreases every few stitches in the last couple of rows at the "top of the head" edge to make it cup a little to conform to the shape of your head (like making a hat from the crown down, but in reverse) If you made it flat, I'm afraid you'd end up with 'ears' sticking out at the point you started the scallop heading for the nape of the neck.

And definately, fun textured yarn!

Have fun!

Hi -

I did buy that same headband 2 years ago from volang and try to replicate it every winter (with no success). Have you figured out the pattern?? I would love to be able to make another one or at least come close.

Thanks so much

Colleen

Archived