Let it Snow - 14" CPK (corrected)

darski

Let it Snow – 14” CPK -corrected :pinterest

post-4896-135897740972_thumb.jpg

This outfit is made quite generously so that it can fit over other clothing.

I used WW yarn in Red, White and Green and hooks in 5.5 and 6mm sizes.

Snowpants…

post-4896-135897741034_thumb.jpg

Legs, make 2 and DNBO (Do Not Break Off) after the 2nd leg.

With Red and 6mm hook…

Ch 25 and join. Work DC evenly around for 5 rows.

Align the two legs and join with sc over 6 sts, ch 2, dc in the last joined st and continue in dc to five stitches before the Centre Back join spot. Work 2dc in 5, 3Tr into joining st, 2dc in 5, continue to end with dc and join.

Work another row of dc evenly around, join and break off.

post-4896-135897741039_thumb.jpg

Find and mark the side seam stitches as in the picture. Attach the yarn in the (your) right side in the Front Loop of the stitch just after the marked stitch. Work dc in this stitch and the next in Front Loop, continue in dc across to next marked stitch. Work in Front Loop of the marked stitch and one stitch past the marked stitch,

>> hdc across row

>> dc across row

>> form a tight ch 5 (button loop) then hdc in 6, dc in 13 (start bib front) , hdc in 6, end by making another tight ch 5 and securing it to base of last hdc. Break off and tidy ends.

Bib Front…

Attach white in first DC ch 2 (or 3)dc dec in next, dc across to last 3 dc of bib base, wrok dc dec, dc in last dc.

>> dc across working decreases in 2nd and 2nd to last dc.

>> sc in 2, hdc in5, sc in 2, Break off and tidy ends.

Return to where the front was begun and attach yarn in the remaining loop. Work dc in the two stitches with loops remaining and then across the back and finish with 2 in the back remaining loops.

>> work across in hdc

>> work across in dc. Break off and tidy ends.

post-4896-135897741039_thumb.jpg

Straps… locate the 5 central stitches and mark the right-most one. Attach yarn in marked st..

Sc in 1, hdc in next, 2 hdc in next, hdc in next, sc in last. Ch 1 turn

>>Sc in 3 stitches, ch 1 and turn. ( you should be working on the left side strap)

>> hdc dec in first 2 sts and 2hdc in last st.

>> 2 hdc in 1st and hdc dec in next two.

Continue to work evenly in hdc until strap meets bib at front. End by forming a button loop. Secure and tidy all ends.

Work the second strap to mirror the first strap.

Jacket…

post-4896-135897741042_thumb.jpg

This jacket is worked from cuff to cuff. It does fit, even over the other outfit but I think it could have had a couple more rows across the back

You can work this jacket in all one colour or you can work a series of stripes in whatever colours you choose.

Begin at cuff..

Chain 23, hdc in 2nd chain from hook and across (22 hdc)

Rows 2-6 work evenly in hdc using whatever colours you like. Break off after row 6.

Start body portion…

Chain 6, pick up the sleeve and work across the row in hdc, ch 7, turn

Work hdc in 2nd chain from hook and in every chain and hdc across. (34 hdc)

Work another row in hdc

Separate back stitches..

>>Hdc in 15 stitches only, ch1 and turn.

Work 7 (9 if you wish) more rows in hdc.

Restore lost stitches…

You should be heading up the back at this point.

>>Hdc in 15, ch 20

>>hdc in 2nd ch from hook and across every ch and hdc.

>>Work one more row in hdc. Break off and tidy ends.

Work next sleeve…

Skip 6 stitches, attach yarn in 7th stitch and work hdc in 22 stitches.

Work 5 more rows of hdc or enough rows to form sleeves for your doll. Break off and tidy ends.

Go back to work rows in the two front sections. Work as many as you need - I think I did 6 over 14 stitches.

Sew up side seams.

Attach yarn in bottom of jacket at CB. (the top of the jacket should be pointing down so the stitches will be right side out) and work around the edge of the coat using hdc.

-- In the neck area, work double decreases in each corner and for any outside corners, work (hdc, ch1, hdc) to keep corners flat.

--As you work along the centre front portion, work (ch 1 sk 1) to form buttonholes

Work another row of hdc as the first but change colour if you wish.

Add buttons to front.

Hat…

post-4896-135897741044_thumb.jpg

With white and 5.5 mm hook

Ch 7 and work sc ribbing (sc Back Loops Only)over 6 stitches for 31 rows. DNBO, join two edges with slip stitch and then work sc into ends of rows working increases occasionally. I ended up with 44 stitches.

post-4896-135897741046_thumb.jpg

As you work up the hat… work 1 random decrease in every row and continue until you have 7 stitches left.

Work 2 rows of hdc in white then change and work 2 rows of hdc in red working the decreases as you will.

Secure the yarn tail and then gather the remaining stitches to close cap.

Add a tassel or a pompom if you wish. (I think these hats need something at the end.) Fold up brim.

Decorate with buttons or other trims as you wish.

lis7a.jpg

post-4896-135897741052_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897741037_thumb.jpg

post-4896-13589774104_thumb.jpg

Fantastic ! !

Another one to add to "Santa's" list to make for nieces stockings.

Luckily I am going to Lismore tomorrow and I can buy some wool.

Thanks Darski - Again.

Help Somehow I ended up with only 2 rows on each side front Such cute patterns but don't know where I went wrong I'm getting my grandaughter a Cabbage Patch baby for Christmas 14" and want to crochet a wardrobe for it Seems like crochet is becoming a lost art Let's revive it

Let it Snow – 14” CPK

lis1.jpg

This outfit is made quite generously so that it can fit over other clothing.

I used WW yarn in Red, White and Green and hooks in 5.5 and 6mm sizes.

Snowpants…

lis3.jpg

Legs, make 2 and DNBO (Do Not Break Off) after the 2nd leg.

With Red and 6mm hook…

Align the two legs and join with sc over 6 sts, ch 2, dc in the last joined st and continue in dc to five stitches before the Centre Back join spot. Work 2dc in 5, 3Tr into joining st, 2dc in 5, continue to end with dc and join.

Work another row of dc evenly around, join and break off.

lis2.jpg

Find and mark the side seam stitches as in the picture. Attach the yarn in the (your) right side in the Front Loop of the stitch just after the marked stitch. Work dc in this stitch and the next in Front Loop, continue in dc across to next marked stitch. Work in Front Loop of the marked stitch and one stitch past the marked stitch,

>> hdc across row

>> dc across row

>> form a tight ch 5 (button loop) then hdc in 6, dc in 13 (start bib front) , hdc in 6, end by making another tight ch 5 and securing it to base of last hdc. Break off and tidy ends.

Bib Front…

Attach white in first DC ch 2 (or 3)dc dec in next, dc across to last 3 dc of bib base, wrok dc dec, dc in last dc.

>> dc across working decreases in 2nd and 2nd to last dc.

>> sc in 2, hdc in5, sc in 2, Break off and tidy ends.

Return to where the front was begun and attach yarn in the remaining loop. Work dc in the two stitches with loops remaining and then across the back and finish with 2 in the back remaining loops.

>> work across in hdc

>> work across in dc. Break off and tidy ends.

lis4.jpg

Straps… locate the 5 central stitches and mark the right-most one. Attach yarn in marked st..

Sc in 1, hdc in next, 2 hdc in next, hdc in next, sc in last. Ch 1 turn

>>Sc in 3 stitches, ch 1 and turn. ( you should be working on the left side strap)

>> hdc dec in first 2 sts and 2hdc in last st.

>> 2 hdc in 1st and hdc dec in next two.

Continue to work evenly in hdc until strap meets bib at front. End by forming a button loop. Secure and tidy all ends.

Work the second strap to mirror the first strap.

Jacket…

lis5.jpg

This jacket is worked from cuff to cuff. It does fit, even over the other outfit but I think it could have had a couple more rows across the back

You can work this jacket in all one colour or you can work a series of stripes in whatever colours you choose.

Begin at cuff..

Chain 23, hdc in 2nd chain from hook and across (22 hdc)

Rows 2-6 work evenly in hdc using whatever colours you like. Break off after row 6.

Start body portion…

Chain 6, pick up the sleeve and work across the row in hdc, ch 7, turn

Work hdc in 2nd chain from hook and in every chain and hdc across. (34 hdc)

Work another row in hdc

Separate back stitches..

>>Hdc in 15 stitches only, ch1 and turn.

Work 7 (9 if you wish) more rows in hdc.

Restore lost stitches…

You should be heading up the back at this point.

>>Hdc in 15, ch 20

>>hdc in 2nd ch from hook and across every ch and hdc.

>>Work one more row in hdc. Break off and tidy ends.

Work next sleeve…

Skip 6 stitches, attach yarn in 7th stitch and work hdc in 22 stitches.

Work 5 more rows of hdc or enough rows to form sleeves for your doll. Break off and tidy ends.

Sew up side seams.

Attach yarn in bottom of jacket at CB. (the top of the jacket should be pointing down so the stitches will be right side out) and work around the edge of the coat using hdc.

-- In the neck area, work double decreases in each corner and for any outside corners, work (hdc, ch1, hdc) to keep corners flat.

--As you work along the centre front portion, work (ch 1 sk 1) to form buttonholes

Work another row of hdc as the first but change colour if you wish.

Add buttons to front.

Hat…

lis7.jpg

With white and 5.5 mm hook

Ch 7 and work sc ribbing (sc Back Loops Only)over 6 stitches for 31 rows. DNBO, join two edges with slip stitch and then work sc into ends of rows working increases occasionally. I ended up with 44 stitches.

lis8.jpg

As you work up the hat… work 1 random decrease in every row and continue until you have 7 stitches left.

Work 2 rows of hdc in white then change and work 2 rows of hdc in red working the decreases as you will.

Secure the yarn tail and then gather the remaining stitches to close cap.

Add a tassel or a pompom if you wish. (I think these hats need something at the end.) Fold up brim.

Decorate with buttons or other trims as you wish.

lis7a.jpg

lis9.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

Help Somehow I ended up with only 2 rows on each side front Such cute patterns but don't know where I went wrong I'm getting my grandaughter a Cabbage Patch baby for Christmas 14" and want to crochet a wardrobe for it Seems like crochet is becoming a lost art Let's revive it

After you get all the rest of the sweater parts made, you go back and work rows for the two front sides. sorry, I thought it was in there. I'll go and add that in now. Thank you for letting me know about that mistake. I am so bad a proofreading my own stuff.

• 4 years later...
How do you crochet the legs?

this info is rather quick I guess. it means that you will chain 25 and join to form a ring. Then you will work 5 rows of dc evenly - 25 dc in every row)

After the first leg you break off and set it aside. When you finish the 2nd leg you don't break off but you pick up the first leg and align the two and join them as written.

• 6 years later...
  • Donna changed the title to Let it Snow - 14" CPK (corrected)

Archived