darski

Eco-Baby 14" CPK

9 posts in this topic

Eco- Baby – 14” CPK :pinterest

e-b1.jpg

I may not like all the politics around ecology but I do like to encourage people to remember to reduce, reuse and recycle when we can. When I see green, I think of all of us little people who really are making a difference each day.

This is a 2 piece set that uses SC ribbing to add some style. I used WW yarn in White and Green and I used 5.5 and 6mm hooks. You will need an elastic waistband for the pants.

Pants…

Legs, make 2 and do not break off after the 2nd leg

With white and 5.5mm hook ch 5, work SC ribbing (sc in BLO) over 4 stitches for 26 rows, do not break off but join the two edges with sl st to form the cuff. Continue and work sc in the end of each row, join.

(change to 6mm hook) Work 2 rows of hdc.

Align the two legs and join with sc over 5 sts. (you are now working at Centre Front) Flatten it so you can find and mark the side stitches.

e-b3.jpg

Work hdc across front stitches. Change to dc across the back to stitch before the crotch joining. Work a dc and Extended dc in next st, work 3 Tr into joining and then extended dc and dc in next st, continue with dc to next marker, hdc to end of row and join.

Work hdc well around to back, and work dc in 15 stitches at the back, continue in hdc to end of row and join.

Work 6 more rows of hdc (or however many you need for your doll)

Get your elastic waistband and work a row of sc in each stitch and over the elastic. Join, secure and tidy ends.

e-b4.jpg

Sweater..

e-b2.jpg

I worked this all with 5.5mm hook – you may want to move up to the 6.mm

With Green and 5.5 mm hook, ch 5 and work a 4 st- SC ribbing for 52 rows. (it needs to be large enough to fit over the crocheted pants) Do not break off but join the two edges with sl st to form the bottom rib portion. Work 1 hdc in the end of every ribbing row.

Work 2 more rows of hdc evenly.

Divide for front and back.

Hdc in 25 stitches. Ch 1 and turn. Put a marker in the 26th stitch and in the 52nd stitch).

Work evenly in hdc over the 25 sts for 2 more rows. Break off green

Attach Green in the stitch past the marker where you divided for front and back. Work the 25 stitches between the two markers in hdc for 3 rows to match the other part. Break off Green.

Front – work up shoulders

Attach white and work 2 rows of hdc evenly across.

>. Work hdc in 5, sc in 15, hdc in 5.

> work hdc in 4, 2hdc in next, sc in 15, 2hdc in next, hdc in 4. Break off leaving a tail long enough to sew a shoulder seam.

Back – work up shoulders...

Work as for front but work 3 even rows of hdc before working shoulder stitches. Break off

Sew Shoulder seams over 5 stitches. Tidy all ends.

Sleeves.

Attach white yarn in the skipped stitch(es) and work around armhole in hdc. I did work one decrease at the back of each sleeve but you don’t need to do so..

Work as many rows of hdc as you need for your doll. I did 4 and they are just right.

Attach buttons or other trims as you wish.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler – 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Edited by darski

That is very cute. :clap

I may not like all the politics around ecology but I do like to encourage people to remember to reduce, reuse and recycle when we can. When I see green, I think of all of us little people who really are making a difference each day.

Ditto.

o sure thanks now i have to look for a cabbage patch doll again love your outfits

My daughter and I always check this site for your doll clothes she loves them alot I can't wait to start making some of things that you have made for her dolls she is special needs and she just loves her dolls and her doll clothes so I better get crackin if I want to have some made for her new doll that she wants for christmas lol keep up the great work you are truly amzing and you put a smile on my daughters face :hook