Felting a non-felted pattern

dsabol

There's a skirt in the Patons SWS book "The Look". I'm thinking it would look better if it was felted, but I'm afraid to (1) waste the yarn and (2) waste the time it would take to crochet the whole thing only to screw it up in the felting process.

I'm trying to decide if I wanted to make a medium sized skirt, does anyone have any ideas about how big I should make it so it's Medium after felting....or am I better off just going with the regular instructions and wearing the skirt as is? ;)

I do alot of experimenting....:think As far as wasting yarn, try using something that isnt as expensive but that you like. You can always make something else with it or even sell it or give it away if it doesnt turn out right. I rarely ever follow a pattern... I usually look at something and do my own thing... sometimes it works and other times I learn from it. I cant stand wasting time so I almost never make a practice piece ... I guess I like winging it by the seat of my pants....:eek I have learned that usually a 25% larger works for most 100% wools, I dont use much of the blends. I have an older machine so I dont get to do water settings but it aggitates great! :D I bought a bunch of Peruvian Wool from a place on ebay.... It was alittle on the hairy side and much rougher than I wanted, but I got some great buys on the yarn and it felted great so I was happy. Its good for experimenting. Maybe I will get a chance to post some pics.

Im working on some giant felted flowers right now... not sure what they will turn out like but I thought it would be a cool thing to do. I see alot of knitted patterns but not much in crochet, so Im trying to design some. Im using some Galway worsted weight for them... I dont know if I got them big enough, guess my first one will let me know if I need to make them bigger.

I'd love to see the project when you finish! Good Luck!

Doey

Archived