scarves

DesertCrocheter

Two Red Scarf Project scarves I completed and mailed off just in time to make the deadline (I mailed them earlier this week). Both are made with Caron One Pounder Claret, left one is knit, right one is crochet. I'm not sure which one i like better. The looser knit one is softer, but the crochet one stretches really nicely. I love making scarves; I just wish I hadn't already made them for everyone I know! Thanks for looking, Patty

th_IM004080.jpg

clickable

amdm, the knit pattern was one I found online that had no name, as the blogger had seen it hanging in her LYS, asked, they didn't know what the pattern was, so she just looked at the stitches and concluded it was k1, k2tog, m1, p1; with selvage. The crochet one was simple sc, alternating between crocheting into the front and back loops only. I've made baby blankets doing that with dc, and it produces a nice bumpy texture. Less bumpy with sc, but nice and stretchy and patterned so that it's hard to see what the stitch is when done (a friend asked if it was woven; clearly a non-crocheting friend).

If I can find the blog post about the knit scarf pattern, I'll edit this post to include a link. Patty

Archived