The Grateful Thread Headband(s)

missamorphosis

I wanted some new headbands, so I looked online for some patterns. The only ones I found were made of yarn. Although yarn is a good thing, it's not always the most practical fiber to use for a headband, especially if you want the band more for looks and to keep your hair back than for keeping your head warm.

So, I designed my own, named it The Grateful Thread (thanks to my witty husband! :manyheart ), and made two different variations of it, with a third in the making.

In celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the fact that I like pink, this is the first one I made:

1490649505_8948489a84_m.jpg

Then I decided since my daughter's school colors are gold and black, I needed one for that, too, but came up with something that could be dressy or casual:

1526257430_28280cc611_m.jpg

I'll be making another as I tweak the pattern, and hopefully, I'll have it written out in a way others besides myself can understand by next week.

Cute headbands. Is your hubby a deadhead?

Whatever gave you that idea? *innocent look* :hook

Thanks, everyone! They're easy to make, and quick if you don't put the beads on. It's just so much easier for me to show someone how to do something than it is to write it out, but I'm getting there.

Oh this puts me to shame ! I keep meaning to make my little girl a school headband but just don't get round to it. I must make one now so thanks for the inspiration.

I've always wanted to try one of these...do they stay in?

Define "one of these". It ties in the back under the hair so you can make it as tight as needed. I've never had any problem with them staying in.

Thanks, everyone!

• 2 months later...

So pretty....it makes sense:idea to use thread for a headband...especially if you want to wear it in the summertime:hot! These are great....and lots of people will be wanting to make:hook a few of these....I know I do! Thanks for sharing:hug. Personally I would try submitting this to a few magazines for summer issues........just thinking out loud here!

Archived