Finally the Meerkat pattern

Wibit

So very timely with all the popularity of Meercat Manor on T.V.. You are so obviously talented. Thank you so much for taking enough time to not only share your pattern but to include pertinent pictures.

Many blessing sent your way for your generosity!!

I'm also having trouble finding the same yarn, the Bamboo soft. Michaels has a Bernat Bamboo yarn advertised in this weeks flyer. I looked it up on the site and it's a #5 bulky yarn. I also looked up the RY Bamboo and it does not give the weight. I will check out Michaels on wednesday to see. If any one has made it please let me know which yarn you used. The mohair yarn I can find with no problem.

the stats for the Bamboo yarn

(from the Rowan site)

Tension: 25 sts x 30 rows

Needle size: 3.75mm/9UK/5US

Meterage: 102m (112yds)/50g ball

This info should help us find a substitute.

I'll be watching this thread for other's suggestions.

I called my LYS this morning and they have the Bamboo Soft :cheer:clap The only color the have is more beige than cream, but I am willing to settle. They are holding it for me till tomorrow. I can't find the Paton Spirit, but I will just use a mohair. I am so happy :yay I will be able to start my meerkat :hook

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this pattern - kids and I went to a lot of the free movies this summer. For every single one, they did a preview of what was going on in Meerkat Manor. They are some of the most amazing creatures ever.

And your meerkat is dead on - it looks so real!

Your meerkats are about the cutest little things I've ever seen! It is very generous of you to share the pattern for free. As a rsult, there shall be many an adorable fiber meerkat gracing our home!

Archived