What's your bag?

PBLKNP

What is your favorite type of bag to use for WIPs?

I have bought high-end expensive LYS bags ($80), and I've also used $5 Walmart tote bags. However, by far my favorite is a bag I got for free from Lancome with a $25 makeup purchase. It's just perfect for a small WIP.

I use a bag I got from Avon ~ meant for the garden ~ but has lots of outside pockets perfect for pens, notebook, scissors and other stuff I can't crochet without.

Also I have a freebie when we got our mule saddle from the States, then of course there's always the plastic grocery bags when I have more WIP. :cheer

I have several canvas tote bags I have acquired for different reasons. They are different sizes from not too big to really large :lol Each bag has a different project in it. When I want to work on a certain project, I just grab that bag. My latest bag I just got in the mail yesterday, it is my political statement :hook for the upcoming election in Nov. 08

Blondie

I have one main bag that came from a sale table at Belk. It was originally $45, but I got it for $8!!!

My LYS puts your purchases in white gift-bag-type type bags, with colorful tissue paper. I use them for small projects all the time.

I have 2 backpacks that I use. I like the small front pocket for needles, hooks, stitchmarkers, etc. And of course the main part is for my yarn, pattern, and WIP. I need something that can zip closed to keep my WIPs away from little hands.

If it's a small enough WIP, I put it all in a large ziplock. It can hold a skien of yarn, and all the parts and pieces I need. Plus I can leave the pattern folded inside and still read it.

What is your favorite type of bag to use for WIPs?

I have bought high-end expensive LYS bags ($80), and I've also used $5 Walmart tote bags. However, by far my favorite is a bag I got for free from Lancome with a $25 makeup purchase. It's just perfect for a small WIP.

Is it the black canvas with flower lining? If so it is the same one I'm using right now. I love it, just the right size.

I use a very large canvas tote. One side has 3 enormous pockets for all the smaller goodies. Often I have 2 projects inside, each in a plastic bag with it's yarn. Before I go out the door with it, I always check to see if either project could, under any stretch of the imagination, need another skein of yarn added.

Real Deal

Is it the black canvas with flower lining? If so it is the same one I'm using right now. I love it, just the right size.

No, it's actually a bag I got YEARS ago and just tossed in the closet (plastic wrapping and all), because I had no use for it at the time. Then, when I started crocheting again and needed a WIP, it occurred to me that it would be perfect.

It's black, with two outer pockets for notions and such, and it zips up, so curious kitties can't get in there :lol . Plus, it's low-key and understated enough that I can take it just about anywhere. I just adore it.

OK....now I NEED to go out and buy a "real" bag....I use either a brown paper bag with twine handles or a plastic grocery bag....I know, I know....go find something decent, right? Hmmm.....a new reason to go shopping!!! LOL

I just use plastic grocery bags. Easy to see through to tell which project it contains and you can smush it up so it takes up less space.

I got an inexpensive bag from A.C. Moore; looks like tapestry, with butterflies on it. All my WIP are in grocery bags, that I just swap in and out of the bag as I go. That way they are in one place, but I can keep myself doing different things. Dh thinks I need to find a different place for my 'stash' but I just keep it next to the recliner...the cats ignore it there, as do the girls!! ;)

Used plastic bags from grocery stores for years, then updated to a canvas shopping bag that I put iron on bird houses on the front, now finishing a crocheted 8 pocket tote, that I have converted to a 6 pocket tote, 4 on outside and two on inside. Hopefully this will be my new WIP bag, as I have cut down to only 2 or 3 projects at a time.

I use a basket, bought it years ago at a Ben Franklin's, it's huge. But when I want to take stuff along with me, I have a tote/bag I bought at AC Moore, for a couple of bucks. It's a nice size, has a side pocket where I put my hooks and etc.

oh bags, how do i love thee. i collect them (not as much as i collect the yarn that goes in them though.) the dollar store here had these great little medium grocery-size canvas bags that zipped shut and i bought like 5 different colors of them (different color stripes) then i have 2 BIG bags, one is a the smallest size luggage, like a very large purse, that i use for large wips like blankets/coats. and one that is a large tote that looks slightly like a modern diaper bag (this one doubles as my reusable shopping bag for small errands)

If you all want to have a good laugh, about a year ago or so I was listening to NPR when they were having their fund drive. I ALMOST called in for the $150 pledge...why? Because the gift for donating that much money was a free tote bag! All I could think of was "one more bag for crocheting!".

Thankfully, I quickly came to my senses, realizing that I could probably get the same thing at Wal-Mart, and it wouldn't cost me $150...

I have several canvas tote bags I have acquired for different reasons. They are different sizes from not too big to really large :lol Each bag has a different project in it. When I want to work on a certain project, I just grab that bag.

This is my method, too! We have a coat rack by the front door, and there are currently three smallish canvas tote bags hanging from it! I just pick up a project as I walk out the door! :hook

Actually, my favorite is a recycled gift bag. I got a really nice plastic one in green with a nice bottom and good handles and I really like carrying small projects like hats in it. It's a way to reuse a gift bag, and then when it's worn out, I can recycle it.

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

For school, I have a dark green bag with light green polka dots and pink bottons and stitching. It is really cute. I got it at Burlington Coat Factory, but my friends said she also say it at Joice Lesley. It was, I think, 12 dollars. When I use bags outside of school, it is usually my Coach or Micheal Kores bag. They are the nicest ones I have!

I have one that I use constantly form HOWDA designs. It was expensive but worth it...the second one I use is a zip top large boat/tote from LLBean. Love them both...but the HOWDA bag has pockets every where.

• 1 year later...

Archived