European Yarn Shops

Kimberly

In Belfast the best places I know of to buy wool are Delaneys on the Springfield Road and Simpsons in the City Center. You can sometimes get fuzzy , aran and double knitting wool quite cheaply in the Pound Stores.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if its in all of them across Europe, but my Carrefour here in Belgium (a really large grocery store chain, along the lines of a Super Walmart in that they have groceries, clothes, electronis, appliances, toys etc, but nowhere near as nice or big as a S.W.!) has a small crafty type section. They don't carry much, but I've found Crochet thread, hooks, needles, and some acrylic yarns here along with other odds and ends for crafts.

• 1 month later...

I can locate some nice ones in Krakow. There is a great new store located in the Galeria Krakowska (mall) right behind the train station. (The store is on the lowest of the 3 levels.)

There are two really nice little "hole in the wall" shops on Karmelicka Street, just a few minutes' walk from the city center.

There is a good-sized store on the Maly Rynek, not far from the American consulate or the main square.

Someone told me when I introduced myself that they were coming to Krakow in July, so someone might need this information!

• 4 months later...

I find this is a very friendly place. I've recently started crochetting. I'm retired now and started selling wool yarns online. I kindly invite you to visit my site and have a look at handspun, handyed sheep yarns. I noticed you have some troubles to find adequate yarns, so I thought you might like mine. Best to you all, Ana

• 2 years later...

Archived