Very first scrumble

Catana

I absolutely love it. I've been trying my hand at freeform as well, and I hate everything I come up with. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I love the idea of it and the things I've seen, but I just keep ripping it all out. Keep it up, I want to see more.

I absolutely love it. I've been trying my hand at freeform as well, and I hate everything I come up with. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I love the idea of it and the things I've seen, but I just keep ripping it all out. Keep it up, I want to see more.

I think it helps to have a very general idea of where you're going with it, but not the details. I like a little structure in what I'm doing, so I started with a color scheme. After that, it's just a matter of picking a stitch and seeing how far you want to go with it. Then, how will the next stitch fit in?

If you get stuck for the next step, leave it for a while, or go looking at other people's work for inspiration. Don't feel that you have to rip out every little bit you don't like--you never know how it will look when more is added to it. Besides, it's supposed to be fun, not work. No counting stiches or rows, no following a pattern, no worrying about missed stitches.

• 2 months later...

I just picked up a whole buch on left over yarn in baby pastels and kept going. I thought it looked funny at first but then it started coming together. Not sure how to include a picture... can anyone help?

Do you have a photo host? You have to have your photos hosted somewhere like photobucket or inkfrog. Make sure you size them so they don't take forever to upload. Photobucket lets you do this if you don't have any photo software. Other hosts probably also have this feature, but I haven't used any of them except photobucket. Once your pic is on the web, you click on the little picture icon above the message box and enter the URL. There's also quite a bit of information here at C'ville.

• 4 weeks later...

That's it I'm going right now to pick out some colors and textures of yarn......I'm going to try this freeform. I've been reading all of your posts in this forum and I'm in.........wish me luck on my first attempt :sweat:worried Maria

PS Catana your first scrumble is scrumptious:manyheart

Lots of luck, Maria, but it's really more willingness to play than luck. And thanks for the compliment. That first scrumble has grown and will be a bag when I can bring myself to do the sewing part.

Archived