Any one in New Mexico?

SenaCrafts

Thanks. I actually found some from NM. Yay.

Do you know if there are any good specialty yarn stores in Albuquerque? I was asked by a co-worker to make an afghan and a bolero for her. But she wasn't thrilled with the yarn at Hobby Lobby.

If you're looking for Hobby Lobby like yarn, Michael's and I think Wal-Mart are good choices. I hear JoAnn's sells yarn too, but I haven't checked them out.

For "nice" yarn, Village Wools in the Paseo Del Norte/I-25 area is wonderful, but definitely not cheap. Might be a good choice for the small project, but enough yarn for an afghan would cost a small fortune.

Online isn't a bad choice for yarn either. I've ordered from Knitpicks.com and yarn.com (Webs) and both are great.

Anna :hook

Thanks so much. Yeah, I figured it would be expensive. But my co-worker is buying the yarn and I am making the projects. She saw some nice yarn she liked in NY and I didn't know where to buy it here. But I am definitely going to check out Village Wools and Knitpicks. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm in Albuquerque, too. On the West side of town. Nice to meet you. :) There are some ladies that meet at the Taylor Ranch Community Center on Wednesdays from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM. Everyone does crochet or knitting or needlework...whatever they feel like. And, if someone is stuck on things, other folks there try to help out. :)

Depending on the sale and the location around town, JoAnn's has good yarn as does Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I haven't tried Fiesta Yarns yet. Has anyone else checked with them? :welcome

• 4 weeks later...
Any cheep houses for rent in Albuquerque...my hubby would love to move that way?

Best place to check probably is the ads in the ABQ Journal or maybe Craigslist. I'm not sure what the rental market is here these days. Probably all depends on what part of town you want to live in.

Good luck!

Anna:hook

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived