Wip My filet Bedspread ( New Picture update 1/13/08) post # 36

Katchkan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick update. I haven't had much opportunity this week to work on this project. Had a couple other commitments I needed to fulfill. Hopefully I will get back to it by mid week.

So Ellen you will have to wait a bit longer so see the central design.... :devil

So Ellen you will have to wait a bit longer so see the central design.... :devil

Story of my life! Sigh. But the delay will make it that much more precious to see! (I figured it must be birds otherwise you wouldn't be so secretive!)

Story of my life! Sigh. But the delay will make it that much more precious to see! (I figured it must be birds otherwise you wouldn't be so secretive!)

No, not birds, Sorry Bird lady. Will do birds for you another day....:yes

Gorgeous work! Thread designs are so impressive - the intricacy and patience required are hard for me to comprehend...I get so impatient with my regular worsted-weight projects.:blush Congrats to you for your persistence! :cheer:cheer I look forward to seeing this project develop.

• 2 months later...

It has been a while since I did an update on this project. I set it aside to work on Christmas presents and have just recently been able to pick it back up. I have been working slow but steady on it every evening.

I am just past the half way point. I did have a major set back the other night and had to frog 5 rows. Boy did that hurt. But they are all back in and back to progressing.

pictures are clickable.

th_bedspreadWip1.jpgth_bedspreadwip-1.jpg

So how am I doing here folks. Think she will like it?

Hey folks I need a name besides just bedspread. Any ideas?

This is going to be stunning, it really is coming along....by the looks of it, something with rose or roses in the name...

I feel your pain about frogging....I had to frog on the Snowfields the other night, but, thanks goodness only two rows....and it was on the first 1/2 so not bad.....

Great job on this, please keep us updated with pictures!!!

The amount of work in that staggers the mind. It's beautiful so far. I can't imagine your granddaughter would use it as a bedspread...it might get SAT upon...or coke spilled on it :eek...or something equally dreadful. It's just too pretty!

Hey folks I need a name besides just bedspread. Any ideas?

Hmm. How about "Bed of Roses" (also one of my favorite movies :lol). Probably too generic, though. :D

Fantastic work!!

It is stunning, Kathy.

I have been trying to think of a name for you and all I could come up with is "(Name of your dgd)'s Destiny". Since you didn't tell us her name, I couldn't put it in there, but thought it would be a wonderful way of honoring her by letting her know how special she is to you. :manyheart

Archived