Wip My filet Bedspread ( New Picture update 1/13/08) post # 36

Katchkan

Well I did promise I would do a WIP on my bedspread. I took the 1st pictures yesterday.

It is one of my own designs.

th_BedspreadWIP.jpgth_BedspreadWipCL.jpg

I am doing this bedspread with 2 strands of size 10 thread held together. Makes it the equivalent of a size 3 thread. I am using 1 strand of white and one of ecru. Gives it an oatmeal like color. Like it.

I am currently on the 50th row of this spread. So the main part of the design is yet to happen.

I am doing this to fit a queen, possibly a king size bed.

Picture update 1/13/08

At this point it measures 17 inches. I forgot to measure the width but it hangs down the side of my queen size bed past the top mattress. It is also as wide as the comforter I will use underneath it to display it.

This one is a challenge of my perseverance. I don't do well with these large projects. But I do want to make this.

I did a filet bedspread years ago. ( not my design ) That will someday go to my first granddaughter. Well I have 2 granddaughters and I want to make sure the 2nd has something as nice to remember her Nana. Thought it would be nice to give them their bedspreads when they get married.

So cheer me on. Nag at me..... whatever it takes to get this done.

I am just past the half way point.

th_bedspreadWip1.jpgth_bedspreadwip-1.jpg

So how am I doing here folks. Think she will like it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Kathy, it's just beautiful...this will be your Sistine Chapel I think...I'll be your cheerleader...not that you really need one, but it's always good toknow there are people cheering you on.

Kathy that is going to be absolutely fantastic.......WOW, I know you can do it, you have already gotten such a good start....it is going to be a great gift for your grandaughter... Heirloom for sure......Just keep crocheting and taking pictures of your progress you will be done before you know it......How many rows total??

Kathy that is going to be absolutely fantastic.......WOW, I know you can do it, you have already gotten such a good start....it is going to be a great gift for your grandaughter... Heirloom for sure......Just keep crocheting and taking pictures of your progress you will be done before you know it......How many rows total??
There are 225 row on this design. Haven't decided on the edging yet. But it shouldn't need much. I feel like I am cheating using the larger thread. But I designed it for that size so maybe it will get done sometime this century......

:cheer :cheer :cheer

:jumpyay:jumpyay

:coffee

:jumpyay:jumpyay

:cheer :cheer :cheer

I told Amber I needed a cheer Because Kathy needed cheerleaders. I thought she'd rattle off one of her school cheers - instead she jumps up from the table and cheers out

"You can do it!!!"""

It was sooooooooo cute!:cheer

Do your granddaughters know that you are making these for them? If they do, they could be your biggest cheerleaders. It would make it very special for both of you to be involved even if they are young. Even if it takes a long time, they will know that you are making something very special which they should cherish forever. :manyheart

I think this one is absolutely gorgeous and anyone would be proud to own it. Did we ever see pictures of your other one?

Do your granddaughters know that you are making these for them? If they do, they could be your biggest cheerleaders. It would make it very special for both of you to be involved even if they are young. Even if it takes a long time, they will know that you are making something very special which they should cherish forever. :manyheart

I think this one is absolutely gorgeous and anyone would be proud to own it. Did we ever see pictures of your other one?

My oldest granddaughter knows that the bedspread I have already done is her's. She was tickled when I showed it to her.

I haven't told the other one as she lives far away and I don't want to dissappoint her if I don't get it done. We all know that happens sometimes. When I get to the point that I know I will finish it I will let her know.

Though so far I am doing pretty good staying on track.

I will 1/4 of the way done with it sometime today.

I think I posted this one long time ago in a bedspread discussion. But here is the picture of it, so you don't have to try and find it.

Filetbedspread

Ooh, the Filet bedspread that you have completed is extraordinary and beautiful. Your grand daughter is one very fortunate young lady to be receiving such an heirloom from you. Thank you for the link so I could see it.

Kathy that is gorgeous! Your granddaughter is very lucky....I would love to make one but don't think I could keep my tension good enough..... I have so many projects going, I need to finish some....

Great job and thanks for sharing.

I love your bedspread. I love roses and your is so pretty I have so many books for roses. I need to get started making them but want to get these baby afghans done first then back o doilys and things I would like to have for the house.

you have to get 5 rows done a day... so get busy.lol...

I hit the 1/3 mark today. So I am celebrating.....:yay :yay :yay . 1/3 of it all done.............. :yay :yay :yay

I have stayed with this steadlily so far except for a couple day that I didn't have time to work on it.

I do plan on taking a picture this weekend. It is starting to get a bit cumbersome. Keeping me warm though.

I haven't gotten to work on this nearly as much as I would like this week. Hoping next week will be a little calmer.

But I did promise pictures. I am now on row 82 and feeling good about the piece so far.

Actually making better progress than I thought I would originally.

Well here are the pictures

th_BedspreadWip1014.jpgth_BedspreadWIPA1014.jpg

Now it's on to the central theme of the whole bedspread.....icon_mrgreen.gif

Archived