Jane's Delight - 15" CPK baby -PDF added

darski

Jane’s Delight – 15” CPK :pinterest

post-4896-135897740854_thumb.jpg

the PDF is Here:Janesdelight.pdf

Since I have these twins, I feel the need to make them equal but different outfits :wlol

I used a 5.5 mm hook and a 6.5mm hook. The yarn colours I used include, white, ‘coffee with cream’, dark brown and a bit of peach. I used an elastic waistband for the pants and beads for the shoes.

Pants..

post-4896-135897740958_thumb.jpg

With coffee yarn and 5.5mm hook, ch 26 and join to form a ring.

Legs, make 2 but do not break off after the second one…

Row 1-5: hdc around

Begin Torso

Row T1: align the two legs and join with 6 sc. Begin working around the torso portion in hdc but put your first hdc into the same stitch as the last joining sc.(do this at the end too)
Work hdc across the front stitches and DC across the back stitches AND
2 stitches before CB, work 2 dc into the stitches, Work 3 Tr into the joining sc, work 2 dc into the next 2 st. continue around row and join,

post-4896-135897740955_thumb.jpg

Row T2-T5: work evenly in hdc .

Row T6: work this row in DC.

Row T7: work sc over the elastic waistband. Break off and tidy all ends.

Adding ruffles. The Ruffles are worked on the 3 bottom rows of the legs and the stitches should be staggered. Use any colour combos you like for this. These ruffles look so cute.

With Yarn A then Yarn B then Yarn C, at inseam, work a FPsc around a stitch, ch 6, skip 1 stitch and work (FPsc. Ch 6) continue around working into every other stitch. I used Brown, Peach and White.

Swing top…

post-4896-135897740959_thumb.jpg

With white and 5.5mm hook chain 5. Work a 4 stitch sc ribbing (sc in BLO) for 39rows. Work 5 tight chains as a button loop

Row 1: increase by 25 stitches working sc and sc increases. (64 stitches)

Row 2: work (hdc in 3, 2 hdc in next) across row.
Secure white. (I have 79 hdc at this point)

Row 3: With coffee, work hdc around. Secure.

Separate sleeves…

Row 4: With white, hdc in 10, ch 4, skip 19, hdc in 21, ch 4, skip 19, hdc in 10.

Row 5: hdc around. Secure and break off white.

Row 6: You want to establish a pattern for working peaks as in a ripple. I went for [sc, hdc, 3dc in next, hdc, sc] This means that I have 2 sc beside each other… hey it worked ;wlol Make the pattern work for you; I wanted lots of peaks.

Remaining rows

Work a row in sc with 2 sc in each peak.

Work a row in sc with 3 sc in each peak.

Work a final row of hdc in coffee colour working a V-st in the peak.

Work a ruffle row in Row 2 (use instructions from pants pattern) using whichever colour you prefer. Tidy all ends.

Mary Janes…

post-4896-135897740961_thumb.jpg

With Brown yarn and 6.5mm hook, ch 2, 8 hdc in 2nd chain from hook. (8hdc)

Row 2: 2 hdc in every hdc

Row 3: sc in 1, 2 sc in next.

Row 4: Turn sole good side down and work a row of FPsc into every stitch.
Row 5: Hdc around but spread 3 decreases over the round.

Row 6: hdc in 2, hdc decrease 5, hdc around rest of row.

Row 7: sc in 2, ch 4, skip all hdc decreases, sc around rest of stitches but work one decrease in heel area. Break off leaving a tail long enough to add a button or trim. Remember the shoes have to mirror each other and not match so for one you have to 'travel' to add your button trim.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Edited by darski
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

OMG How CUTE! Darski, i just LOVE the work you do. First Dora and NOW CPK? You AMAZE me really.

Keep them Coming, I enjoy them ALL! (not to mention my daughter who is just now getting to the stage of enjoying them also!)

• 4 years later...

A huge thank you for this pattern!! I've only made the shoes because I couldn't find any shoes for my new cabbage patch fasionalities doll. Now she can have a whole wardrobe of Mary janes! Such a clever pattern? I posted a pic of my shoes on ravelry - I'm PrincessKathie over ther too.

Many thanks!

Katherine

Very cute! I adore the little Mary Jane's you made to go with it.

Thank you for noticing :wlol

This is one of my fave CPK patterns but it doesn't get much 'air time'. :D